Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cabrio - known problems ?

Spy

Nurburgring
I am going to see a couple of '99 cabrios in teh next few days and was wondering if there are any known problems I shoudl look for.

Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113408

Check that the plastic screen is still flexible and there are no creases in it. Open and close the roof a few times and check it shuts correctly each time (sometimes the catch does engage properly.

Open the roof half way and see what crap has collected in the roof compartment - I found Thurderbird Two in mine!

That's all I can think of.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113513

Thanks Poo, some sound advice there.

Do you know if the roof motors are covered by the OPC warranty ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113519

Any soft top car, I firstly check footwells for moisture, also seats may be damp if roof is no good or it may be seals.

clocks on dash may contain moisture.

Good luck Spy. :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113523

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Spy on 30 January 2007

Thanks Poo, some sound advice there.Do you know if the roof motors are covered by the OPC warranty ?
I would assume so, be you know what they say about assuming things. I'll see if I can check for you.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113524

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fluellen
Back