Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4s air box

Winny911

Hey guys

Quick question I'm looking for a standard air box to fit my c4s. where is a good place to find one I'm thinking eBay might be a good place to get one but are they all the same c2 c4 and c4s as the ones I have seen listed don't specifically say c4s just c4

Cheers
Winny911

They are all the same (all Carrera/Targa)

You can even fit 997 3.6 box of you like (it looks a bit more swish, if that's your bag).

For a while OPC were listing the complete airbox, with filter etc at an insane £48.57+VAT.

I don't know if it was a mistake.

Worth a phone call though.

997 3.6 fits straight in with no problems as long as you use the air snorkle from the old airbox . Really brings the engine bay up to date :)

Thanks guys

Just looking for a standard 996 setup as my car is fitted with an evolution Motorsport kit and the previous owner did not keep the original parts removed can anyone tell me if the kit is just an air box or have other bits also been changed

photo-92.jpg

Cheers
Winny911

From your photo you will need:

Airbox + snorkel
Filter panel (OEM paper or K&N etc)
Airbox connector pipe ("Y"-spur induction concertina pipe)

+ re-use old MAF and 2x jubilee clips.

You may also need need rubber sealing "curtain" for where the snorkel meets the engine lid (if it has been removed)

eng996a_orig.jpg

Cheers for that why the previous owner did not keep it I do not know but I just want to make sure it can be put back to standard if I ever sell it as I believe original cars are always worth more

Will have to have a look on ebay

Winny911

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YJY
Back