Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4 Stripped for colour change - SUGGESTIONS

What’s you suspension set other than dsc? Are you lowered? Also, any news on interior yet?
cheers
Hi Matt. It's currently on Porsche OE PASM dampers; Eibach lowering springs; Porsche Sport PASM ARBs. The axle ride heights are 100mm front and 139mm rear. The front was far too aggressive with the 997.1 Aerokit splitter, the Speedster/Sport Classic splitter is a bit more sympathetic.

No news on the interior yet, I'm waiting for Linas to update regarding materials. I might chase him today 🤷‍♂️

I

I was chatting to Pete and Chris about Tractive. Their feedback was they are fantastic when they are a good set; terrible when not. Seems Tractive have some issues regarding QC, which is a real shame as I was looking forward to trying them. I also asked about mono-ball and other 'improvements'.

I'm staying in the comfy camp!
I would not be put off. Reach out to Steve Bennett TracTive's UK MD and ask him to make sure to get you a good set. He will not let you down in my experience. Also mention the feedback to him. I do not disagree with Chris and the guys at CG.

I would not be put off. Reach out to Steve Bennett TracTive's UK MD and ask him to make sure to get you a good set. He will not let you down in my experience. Also mention the feedback to him. I do not disagree with Chris and the guys at CG.
When something breaks, as it inevitably will, I'll probably revisit suspension options; along with the long list of many other jobs I have to do!

If you're lazy and want to get to the end of the project, start HERE

My C4 is completely stripped ready for a colour change. As there is nothing in there, I'm looking for suggestions for any additional jobs. My thoughts so far are:

1. Tidy up additional wiring, such as the PASM retrofit loom and the PSE retrofit loom.
2. Remove the Mobridge and replace the PCM unit with PCCM+, which I'll have to do myself.
3. I'm toying with bringing the retrim forward, just because everything is out of the car. I'd like to go Cocoa, but unsure where to start.

Other jobs that will get done are replace the air-con rads with new units.

Does anyone have any other suggestions that I should probably do whilst it's stripped bare?

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_7591.png
    thumbnail_IMG_7591.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 11

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petrol
Back