Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buzz in rear speaker of 996

MrWidebody

Has anyone encountered buzz in rear speaker(s) in a 996?

I guess I have played my music too loud and blown one to bits.

Any magic solutions?

Does the speaker need to be replaced or are they possible to repair?

Are they a bespoke Porsche design and shape with special connector plug to be awkward or could Halfords help?

Cheers! :thumb:

Got the same problem, just turned the volume to the read speakers right down, not a great solution but better than the racket they were making.

Thinking of swapping the front and rear ones out for the Alpine 9XX kit from JMG. Only thing I'm not sure of is rear ones are 6 x 4 ovals, the 9XX kit uses Alpine SPG 10C2 they look quite a bit deeper that the very cheap looking ones fitted.

MrWidebody said:
Has anyone encountered buzz in rear speaker(s) in a 996?

I guess I have played my music too loud and blown one to bits.

Any magic solutions?

Does the speaker need to be replaced or are they possible to repair?

Are they a bespoke Porsche design and shape with special connector plug to be awkward or could Halfords help?

Cheers! :thumb:

Halfords..... Nooooooooooooooooo..... Sounds like the internal coil has probably blown. They are only small speakers, so don't handle bass very well. There are various ways of upgrading, but depends how good you are with handy work, and how deep your wallet is... Other than that just unscrew, and replace with another standard speaker which is a 5 Min job.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benny-g
Back