Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

buying help

paul Bryant

New member
Joined
19 Oct 2005
Messages
14
Ok I have finally decided to buy a 911 (996) question is what to look for have about £40k and a wife that will kill me if I spend more love the look of C4S but think a C2 will be a beter drive, what would be the options to look for bearing in mind resale in 12-24 months. anything change between 02 and 03, and finally any info on independent check over type folks, so I don't buy a lemon.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35969
 
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by paul Bryant on 19 October 2005

Ok I have finally decided to buy a 911 (996) question is what to look for have about £40k and a wife that will kill me if I spend more love the look of C4S but think a C2 will be a beter drive, what would be the options to look for bearing in mind resale in 12-24 months. anything change between 02 and 03, and finally any info on independent check over type folks, so I don't buy a lemon.


Specs i'd go for are especially if resale in 12/24months

Coupe/Targa body more demand for these IIRC

Dark metallic/Silver paint wise

black/grey leather interior

manual box

the rest is up to you

Deffo go for a PPI(pre-purchase inspection) at an OPC(official Porsche Centre) and get them to give you a warranty on it,in all should cost you no more than £1k in total and can be extended for longer so might be a sweetener when it comes to reselling

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35982
 
go to Mark Pearce.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35985
 
Go for PCM. And i believe you go from PCM1 to the apparently much better PCM2 from 02 to 03 models.

I used Peter Morgan for my PPI, he was very good. But as Roddy says, if the car doesn't have a warranty, i'd def go for that, and Porsche will need to do a PPI before they will give you a warranty, so you might as well get them to do it.

Other options worth considering: Bose upgrade and sports exhaust (a must IMHO)

good luck i your search!


Migration info. Legacy thread was 35988
 
PCM umm i know what it stands for but what does it mean?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35992
 
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Warren M on 20 October 2005

go to Mark Pearce.


i think Mr Pearce should be giving us some sort of commission for all these referals we are giving him :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35993
 
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by photoman on 20 October 2005

PCM umm i know what it stands for but what does it mean?


Porsche Communication Management.............Sat Nav/Phone etc in one "glorious" technicolour experience :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35994
 
thanks loads for all the help the car I have my eye on has 3months left on warranty

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35995
 
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Roddy Kennedy on 20 October 2005

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Warren M on 20 October 2005

go to Mark Pearce.


i think Mr Pearce should be giving us some sort of commission for all these referals we are giving him :wink:



If you go to the curry night, then you could win the prize he is donating........6 months free use of a GT3 i hear..........

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35996
 
Mr. Pearce told me that if you want to resell the car a few years down the line then get the PCM because most buyers want it.

But with the sat nav technology constantly advancing, i'm sure you could get a better aftermarket system!!? I've heard that things like TomTom are pretty good. But then again they would look stupid in a car mounting kit in a 911.....




Migration info. Legacy thread was 35997
 
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by moto on 20 October 2005

Mr. Pearce told me that if you want to resell the car a few years down the line then get the PCM because most buyers want it.

But with the sat nav technology constantly advancing, i'm sure you could get a better aftermarket system!!? I've heard that things like TomTom are pretty good. But then again they would look stupid in a car mounting kit in a 911.....




then again at least with the aftermarket stuff.........you can swap it into yer next motor

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36002
 
they do look crap stuck to your window though,and it will be out of date a week after you buy it or at least by the time you figure out how to use the dam thing

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36024
 
I've only got PCM1 and think its pretty handy and although inferior to PCM2 and specifically aftermarket products, I think you will always get better residuals with OEM products.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36025
 
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Warren M on 20 October 2005

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Roddy Kennedy on 20 October 2005

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Warren M on 20 October 2005

go to Mark Pearce.


i think Mr Pearce should be giving us some sort of commission for all these referals we are giving him :wink:



If you go to the curry night, then you could win the prize he is donating........6 months free use of a GT3 i hear..........



pity its not for the furthest travelled to attend :twisted:
.....cos me and yourself Warren must be in with a shout of that one(if we went of course)..................unless the Tokyo contingent show up :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36027
 
whats the standard length of warranty on a 03

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36100
 

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
124,808
Messages
1,448,757
Members
49,998
Latest member
manx100red
Back
Top