Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buying first Porsche

ams_sxi

Looking to get my dad a Porsche

He has always said he wants to own a porsche before he dies, so thought i would buy him one.

I have a budget of 16 - 20K max ideally the lower end as i need to factor in Insurance costs etc.

I have been looking at Caymans as im only 24 so my Insurance will be high, but alot of people have said get a 964 or a 993 but i don't think i would get a decent model for that sort of money.

I have no idea about Porsche's and what to look for etc.

I just want a reliable Porsche, that i won't have to spend loads of money on fixing things, want something reliable and kind of modern ish hence why i thought about the cayman.

Can anyone give me some help on what i need to look out for, common problems.

Where to look at cars for sale etc..

Cayman is a very nice car, fun to drive. I had it for just under a year and had no problems whatsoever.

IMHO- go for a manual (unlikely to get a PDK for the budget)/ full service history and get a 111 point check from an OPC.

Driving the car will help you choose the right model (maybe a ?996). I am sure other members will give you more ideas.

Cheapest and best value for money you will get at the moment is a 996 and they are quite reliable too I just got a 1 owner c4s with FSH for 16k and I love it... There are bargains to be had good luck

Winny911

This could be a wind-up as the first enquiry was to buy a 964 :dont know:

If you decend to small outboard motors, especially Seagull types - I'm your man :thumb:

Winny911 said:
Cheapest and best value for money you will get at the moment is a 996 and they are quite reliable too I just got a 1 owner c4s with FSH for 16k and I love it... There are bargains to be had good luck

Winny911

Thanks C4S is something i was looking at.

Thats a good deal, where did u find it?

Zingari said:
This could be a wind-up as the first enquiry was to buy a 964 :dont know:

If you decend to small outboard motors, especially Seagull types - I'm your man :thumb:

I realised after looking around the forum that maybe i should explore other models..

Bought mine private from the first owner which saved me a few quid

Wining911

Actually found it on eBay but only as I was looking for a 996 Aero kit the actual listing did mot mention keywords like 911 or c4s so probably did not get much attention

Obviously private it's cheaper than a dealer but you save a packet which helps cover for if anything goes wrong

Winny911

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benny-g
Back