Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

buying advice

I have only had my 2003 996 c4s for around 4 months but now thinking about what to get next it will be a 997 but do i get conv or coupe c2s or c4s and when do you think will be a good time to buy i am not in a great rush but want to get the right car and i know nothing about them and purchased my last car on an impulseand would welcome any advice

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54516

I have not to disimilar thoughts...I want a 997C4S/C2S. 997s will need to take a bit of a hit before they fall in to my range, prob 2/3 yrs... :(

So i'm thinking 996tt in between somwhere... :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54519

I like the wide body so it would have to be a C4 997 ( even the C2S is narrow body). BUt my next one will be a 996tt - could well be LHD given the prices too!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54525

I've borrowed a 997 C4S for a few days from OPC - the only car to buy.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54527

yeh i think it will have to be c4s again but i don't know if to go convertible or coupe and what do you think they are going to hold the money like

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54543

I have never owned a 911 but I have a view that I saw from someone else as well - a 911 should be a Coupe and not Cab. I agree. It looks better and drives better.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54546

PS Vincent, I sent you a private message on the subject also.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54547

my mate has the cab, and i'd never thought i'd say it, but it does look very nice, still working on getting a test drive to see how it goes.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54549

vincent, what about a C2S...

they are supposed to be as good as the C4S

after all do you really need 4wd.....and you get a bigger storage area !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54556

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 19 April 2006

vincent, what about a C2S...

they are supposed to be as good as the C4S

after all do you really need 4wd.....and you get a bigger storage area !
You don't get the wide body then.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54557

but you do with C2S..

the basic c2 and c4 are narrower but the C4 is wider than the C2 and again the C4S is even wider than the C2S..... due to the 4wd differential

and if you buy new don't spec the sunroof or rear wiper, waste of money and the worst place to put the extra weight !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54562

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 19 April 2006

but you do with C2S..

the basic c2 and c4 are narrower but the C4 is wider than the C2 and again the C4S is even wider than the C2S..... due to the 4wd differential

and if you buy new don't spec the sunroof or rear wiper, waste of money and the worst place to put the extra weight !
The C2 and C2S are the same width 1808mm for the 997.

The C4 and C4S are also the same width 1852mm for the 997.

Are you sure about that differential thing! :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54564

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
P12NLL
Back