Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brands Hatch Evening 2nd July 2013, Anyone Going?

If it's a nice afternoon for a drive out I'll be sorely tempted. :thumb:

The weather was so nice on Saturday, Sunday and Monday that I was not only tempted to go and watch, I actually booked a place. Looking at the black clouds when I signed on at 1530 it all seemed a bad idea!

Track time started at 1730. Rain started at 1700. :evil:

10 laps or so on a wet but drying track was fun. Thanks to my 4wd, even with only 3.5mm on the rears, nobody overtook me.

After that it dried out nicely and a great time was had by 'all' (only about 20) especially as there was never more than 15 cars on the track at the same time. In the dry I couldn't keep with any of the GT3's but for a first proper go in the new baby I don't think I did too bad.

64 miles of track miles = :grin: at an average of 10.5 mpg :eek:

Pics will follow tomorrow ....... so please pop back.

ps. Martian. Did you go :?: If so, which one was yours.

I'm glad it all went well, I look forward to seeing the piccies.

MC

Yes I went along but didn't drive for a couple of reasons. I'm not a fan of the Indy circuit as feel it's too short, although Paddock Hill Bend is one of the greats. I love the GP track and intend to do this one later in August. Also I'm saving my 888s for a trip to the 'ring next month! :D

I think I saw you T8, silver tip' car and driving with a woman in the passenger seat?

My car was parked behind the pit garages, maybe you saw it?

Attachments

• bh_107.jpg
    bh_107.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 216
Glad to hear it went well, do you have enough rubber left for the breakfast run on Sunday?

Beauty and The Beast

The red one didn't get wet.

A seriously nice piece of kit. :thumb:

Proof that I did hit 74+ (I didn't cheat by pressing the button)

Sadly I didn't hit many apexes though.

Martian said:
My car was parked behind the pit garages, maybe you saw it?

I did ............ gawjus :thumb:

Looks like you had fun. I had planned to come down but last minute work thing prevented me. Did every one survive unscathed ?

Apparently one of the 968's had a little spin but I didn't see it. A white 968CS did have a very twitchy moment under braking for Graham Hill Bend whilst I was gaining on him. :eek:

Driving standards were superb. Nearly everyone ventured out in the wet - in case it got worse - and everyone stayed well within their personal limits. Everybody used their mirrors well and responded to the blue lights promptly. NB: It was my first visit to Brands this year and I hadn't realised that lights had entirely taken the place of flags. They're very effective.

Sadly the 928 had engine problems and only ran for about an hour but other than that everyone I spoke to had a great time.

T8 said:
Apparently one of the 968's had a little spin but I didn't see it. A white 968CS did have a very twitchy moment under braking for Graham Hill Bend whilst I was gaining on him. :eek:

Driving standards were superb. Nearly everyone ventured out in the wet - in case it got worse - and everyone stayed well within their personal limits. Everybody used their mirrors well and responded to the blue lights promptly. NB: It was my first visit to Brands this year and I hadn't realised that lights had entirely taken the place of flags. They're very effective.

Sadly the 928 had engine problems and only ran for about an hour but other than that everyone I spoke to had a great time.

Gutted , I couldnt make it. Sounds like a really good evenings fun.

If he takes my advice this Speed Yellow GT3's owner will be on 911uk soon.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Hack
Back