Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brakes and service warning light

SausageCreature

Hi everyone,
my service warning light for braake pad replacements is on.

I checked, and the rears have about 3mm left. Fronts have 6mm. Is 3mm really time to replace? I would have thought that there is still a few mm wear. Sure, I know they will suffer brake fade quicker, but at this point Im not going particularly quickly. and would rather onlyl replace them as and when needed rather than before.
Apologies for not RTFM if the info is in there.

Thanks in advance.
Mark

If the warning light came then one of them is worn at least. When I changed mine few weeks ago I notice that one of the pads was a mm or so more worn than the other and closer to the sensor limits.

I would say change them. At least the rears. Its not a difficult job to do it yourself by the way ..

Regards

Theo

Have you checked the inside pads as well? They will wear quicker than the outside ones.

Thanks Guys, you saved me from a Homer moment :) Ill do them on Sunday with supervision from Peters.

Many thanks.
Mark

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YJY
Back