Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brain pick on rear shocks......

ScoobyDoo555

Barcelona
Morning All,

Found some rear shocks (Bilstein), but were there any differences for the various cars?

For example, are C2 and C4 shocks the same? Is is safe to assume that Cab and Coupe shocks are the same?
I know that the M030 will be different (for obvious reasons), and I do have a plan ;)

Thanks in advance,

Dan

PET shows 18 variants of rear damper for the 996 Carrera (different model years, different car models variants, and different suspension options.

that makes it a little difficult I suppose. How do I find out which ones are for my car? (don't have PET)........

Just trying to do some homework as I've got a plan (nothing special) formulating in my brain ;)

Thanks for the reply though.

Dan

Take your pick from this list, based on your car's year and options:

Attachments

• 996_dampers_197.jpg
    996_dampers_197.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 1,641
Thanks for this - I found the PET catalogue, but couldn't really decipher the codes.
The C4 Coupe (2000) doesn't seem to be listed.....I see every car BUT mine. Unless (and this is a distinct probability!), I've not read it properly.

Would appreciate some advice/assistance :)

Cheers,

Dan

All model variants (C2 and C4) up to MY 2001 which do not have options M030 or IX74 use part number 996 333 051 04.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hetryx
Back