Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Boris Becker

highway

Mexico City
I have purchased a Becker Grand Prix. Just serviced by the go to guy for Becker repair and service in the UK. Eventually I will get this fitted and wired to my existing amps. One problem . My current Pioneer unit has the iPod cable exiting the rear of the head unit with the wire going to the glovebox,where it plugs into either my iPhone (charges as well)or an iPod. It also plays music from the phone via Bluetooth and handles calls.

Is the mic from the Pioneer likely going to work when plugged into the Becker HU or do I need a specific Becker part?

Much as I dislike the look of my current HU and desire the aesthetics of the Becker, I am reluctant to lose too much functionality...

You'll need the optional Becker iPod adaptor and I can't imagine the pioneer mic working either.

The GP is supplied with a mic for Bluetooth from new. Is the go to guy not supplying one?

Can you not hear the sounds from your lounge Hi-Fi when you're in the garage :hand:

Becker has it's own mic for telephone.

Zingari said:
Can you not hear the sounds from your lounge Hi-Fi when you're in the garage :hand:

Becker has it's own mic for telephone.

Ouch! :hand:

The line out for the phone is supplied. I was hoping the mic may be generic as that avoids having to source one.

highway said:
I have purchased a Becker Grand Prix. Just serviced by the go to guy for Becker repair and service in the UK.

Who is said mystery man? Could be a useful person to know as these units get older.

robmarrs on eBay? (Robin)

Brian. The firm was called PRS car audio in Hartlepool. Speciality, repair of Becker HU's. Don't say I never helped you out.

Does the Grand Prix have the phone module effectively built into the HU meaning I just need to try a mic and see if it works or is a seperate module required?

To make calls? Yes it's bluetooth enabled and has hands free as standard.

To connect an iPod/iPhone for music you need an extra adaptor.

Got the adaptor included so just need to resolve whether a generic in car mic, like the one I have, will work

One more, can you play music via Bluetooth from iPhone to the stereo via aux? If so I can live without iPod lead...

highway said:
One more, can you play music via Bluetooth from iPhone to the stereo via aux? If so I can live without iPod lead...

Only with this little beauty. BlackBerry music streamer.

52B441C2-FE79-4C5E-9202-EA379E3CA0F0-2503-000002E61D38E30A.jpg

Bluetooth works for phone but not for music. I,ve got the Indianapolis Pro and use the Becker lead with a Scorsche adapter on my Ipod4. Doesn't charge without.
Iphone 4S will not work with the Becker lead. There are Bluetooth adaptors that will work (see above) but I'm content with my setup.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xx22
Back