Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Boot space

veggie

Ashamed that after years of sports cars I have to ask this.

I have the chance of a lovely 996 turbo but the boot space is akin in size to a Sainsbury carrier bag....my TVRs had huge boots......

The reason for the change in cars is a 15 month daughter who has an awful lot of " extras" such as a push chair. Anyone got a solution to get the kit in for not only daily daughter movements (!) but also to take us all on holidays. At present it looks impossible.

Cheers
:eek:

Buy yourself a 996 Targa :thumb:

Rear hatch makes the cabin load area accessible and usable...I managed to get a road bike in mine!!

Hi you may be surprised what you can cram in the boot and with a bit of rear seat down jiggery pokery Im sure you'd cope, you could maybe get a cheap battlebus for shopping/short runs etc that can collect trolley dings and keep conjested journey miles down :dont know:
Just a thought....
Dave

I find my C4S really practical, the front boot space is more than adequate and fits a large amount of stuff in there.

I think there are specific types of buggys and the like that fit into the boot, I've read a few threads around here on this topic :thumb:

Short term if you need to you could add bars and a roof box. Not ideal, but if means you can keep the car (and avoid the expense of changing) then you'd be quids in and happy ;)

The car is so good but the little monster needs so much stuff! Have an Alfa for the main car so this is a toy for high days and holidays........,must be a turbo as I've driven it now and nothing else will do.........so full of speed and life

veggie said:
The car is so good but the little monster needs so much stuff! Have an Alfa for the main car so this is a toy for high days and holidays........,must be a turbo as I've driven it now and nothing else will do.........so full of speed and life
In that case just do it! We have a big 4x4 which makes the 996 slightly cramped when i insist on using it for Sundays out with a 9 and 3 year old, picnic, scooter, toys etc. It might be a squeeze but the kids still fall asleep on the way home and I get to spend the day grinning!
Go for it!
:thumb:

Dave

it doable but tight, i have a 2 and 4 year old and we can get a buggy(quinny Zap) and a squidgy holdall in the front and the travel cot and duvet go behind the back seats with a few other bits on the floor in the back and any hole i can fill. It does mean that we can go away for weekends with the family in the c4s :)

Wouldn't 2wd be better than AWD as you don't have the extra gubbins eating into the front storage space :dont know:?

Get a trailer, sorted. :thumb:

Attachments

• porsche_911_spare_wheel_problem_solved_2_136.jpg
    porsche_911_spare_wheel_problem_solved_2_136.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 5,653
Have you considered putting the kids in the boot (quieter) and all the gear in the back (no cost of kiddy seats). Just a thought.

I did jokingly tell my 6 year old we could put him in the front with a bag of crisps for a quiet life. he was quite up for that.

I then said we could cut a hole in a boot lid and mount a little plastic dome on it for him. He now keeps asking me when we can do that...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PatrickRas
Back