Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bonnet Release

Swampy

Spa-Francorchamps
Guys, Emergency Bonnet Release, is the wire cable attached as it should be and any idea where goes through to the n/s wheel arch as I can't find any holes for it to pass through ?
tia Swamps 😁

Attachments

• img_9692_482.jpg
    img_9692_482.jpg
    574.6 KB · Views: 1,079
  • img_9800_114.jpg
    img_9800_114.jpg
    981.5 KB · Views: 1,079
I did think that but no hole in it, may be its never been through it :eek:

It is possible im afraid .. 10 years at an OPC and i did seem some strange things shall we say that should never have been delivered to the garage from new !

At the end of the day it merely needs to go outside the car .. i have a feeling this grommet is where it would normally exit but without looking at another one .. and that may be some time then i would tend to suggest just push a small hole and feed it through .

From memory there isn't a hoop on this cable but just a hex block .. when pulled it literally pulls the white plastic tube backwards .. it's not designed to be a " reusable " item as such .. its to get the dam Bonnet open in an emergency lol .

i'll keep an eye out for the correct location but as mentioned .. that may be awhile i'm afraid .. this week i have 3 Targa roofs out so that's literally all i'm doing for 5 days !

Thanks Iain, looks as if you are correct as i posted onto a FB group and had this pic posted back :)
I shall pop a hole in he grommet and push it through :thumbs:

Swamps :)

Attachments

• img_9804_989.jpg
    img_9804_989.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 996
Aghhh excellent .. not so good that it's obviously never been fitted though .. could have been in trouble if the bonnet solenoid had failed !

Btw .. Xmas cards .. Thank you :thumb:

Always makes me smile .

All sorted now, yes a bit of an issue if like you say the solenoid had failed :eek:
Luckily caught it in time, I had only been in there as I was giving it a spring clean under the lining :)

Swamps :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Outrigger
Back