Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bonnet Guardian?

Gav Tauber

afternoon chaps,

this is my first post so please be nice to me! i have been perusing this forum as you do for hours.

i'm a great beliver of filling my Boot/Bonnet with junk, and unfortunately so is the missis! except she has little regard for the items that stick out, and thinks closing the bonnet on them makes them fit! so far she has Cost me one new bonnet from putting ina box which just about fitted when the bonnet was slammed shut causing a nasty ding on the outside.

i have found a solution but was wondering if anyone else has bought one or used this company. from speaking to them they are quite new company wise but i'm wondering whether just to order one.

www.bonnetguardian.co.uk

any help would be appreciated?

thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127916

what a find Gav!!!!what i've always wanted

do tell me how you found out about this new company :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127919

from the sketchy info on their site they only do for the 996 which i think ia am right in saying is the same for the boxer?

correct me if i am wrong.

i'm awaiting an email on pricing and availability!

G

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127927

i have been asked to point out that i have no affiliation with this company other wise i will be shredded alive!

i found them on Google!

G

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127937

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Gav Tauber on 26 March 2007

i have been asked to point out that i have no affiliation with this company other wise i will be shredded alive!

G
Gav, you are very right there!

So wot 996 have you got? Specs, piccies, you know the normal introduction stuff.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127941

Ive got a 996 Turbo, its a 2003 Model!

second car really i use a Rangerover sport during the week (commuting to and from london)

i have had it from New she has only done about 14k. She has been chipped but apart from eating tyres she is pretty standard. She is more of a car than i can handle!

usual extra's Nav ETC.

oh and the heated seat cuaght fire two months ago! luckily it was actually at porsche for a service at the time!

Rob is your Lotus Standard? i love the Elans.

regards

G

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127943

yeah pics of yer Porker wouldn't go amiss,always good to see another member's Porker

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127944

Previous poster said:

oh and the heated seat cuaght fire two months ago! luckily it was actually at porsche for a service at the time!
Welcome Gav

Amazing the stuff that goes wrong with our cars whilst they're in the capable hands of the OPC.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127946

Previous poster said:

Ive got a 996 Turbo, its a 2003 Model!

second car really i use a Rangerover sport during the week (commuting to and from london)

i have had it from New she has only done about 14k. She has been chipped but apart from eating tyres she is pretty standard. She is more of a car than i can handle!

usual extra's Nav ETC.

Rob is your Lotus Standard? i love the Elans.

regards

G
Yep standard (except for uprated discs & pads) ElanSE BRG, one of the 1st 50 off the line, 20k on the clock. And yes I use my Range Rover Sport for commuting to & from London as well.

Hopefully you will stick around here you will find they are a decent bunch. Plus the Turbo boys are seriously outnumbered around here by GT3's (come to that everybody is outnumbered by GT3's now)!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127948

Welcome Gav - I asked a question about a product in my first post too - and made it! Nice to have another turbo on the board. Is your's the X50 or have you just chipped the standard model?

Your Turbo isn't red is it - I being trying to find a red TT?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127956

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 26 March 2007

Welcome Gav - I asked a question about a product in my first post too - and made it!

c'mon tho Chris...........that Q was "what shampoo/conditioner do you think I should use"

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127958

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rodders on 26 March 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 26 March 2007

Welcome Gav - I asked a question about a product in my first post too - and made it!

c'mon tho Chris...........that Q was "what shampoo/conditioner do you think I should use"

Not that far off actually! :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127959

Get a carbon bonnet, like mine :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127967

So Poo,

i'm afraid she is Blue and Not red, i will post some pictures soon. Have to dust of the DSLR.

as for the seat catching fire! i was less than happy!

regards

G

Migration info. Legacy thread was 128077

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCGMS
Back