Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

BMW e46 M3

I've got a csl which I've had for about a year & love it to bits. The only thing id
change it for would be a 997 gt3 rs but that's obviously not got rear seats so looks like the m3 is here to stay!

gavp said:
Had mine 12 years now, fortunately although I've thought of selling it a few times didn't ever get around to it.

Been some big ticket items over the years, all for longevity:

Big ends, head gasket and vanos rebuild.

Redish underside restoration.

Best modification, gripper with 4.1 CWP

Engine work documented by Hack

https://www.hackengineering.co.uk/workshop-journal-gavins-e46-m3-engine-overhaul/

Will see if I can find the Redish YouTube link for the underside restoration.

MisterCorn said:
I've considered thr 4.1 for my CSL, but never got round to it. I hear a lot of good things about the mod.

MC

I had a 3.9 (3.85 maybe) on my track e46, best mod ever on it. Cheap ish too as it was from a 5 series, also ditched the viscous lsd for a clutch pack type.

I still have 3 in my collection...

2003 Phoenix Yellow Individual Launch Colour SMG Convertible 60k miles.
2003 Titan Silver Metallic Individual SMG Convertible now 110k used as a regular fully recommissioned it full engine rebuild new vanos, and everything,.gearbox, subframe, driveshafts, differential, gearbox rebuilt spent probably 15k if not more in making it mint.
2005 Carbon Black Coupe CS club sport SMG 98k recommissioned it recently similar to the silver one but mainly all the suspension and drive shafts, propshaft, differential and subframe bushes and mounts, full.engine major service with new actuator and the cars driving like a dream. The M3CS drive totally different from the normal e46 M3's they just feel.so much more precise and sharper handling and a whole heap more agile in your finger tips especially around bends or round abouts. The normal e46 M3's are not even close. But nevertheless still fun cars.

Attachments

• screenshot_20210810_112825_instagram_752.jpg
    screenshot_20210810_112825_instagram_752.jpg
    626 KB · Views: 395
  • img_20200525_wa0010_712.jpg
    img_20200525_wa0010_712.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 396
I’ve had my E46 M3 for six years.

Cracking cars, albeit high maintenance.

I have a 2003 manual coupe (no options other than leather). I bought it in 2006 with 7k and it’s been my daily ever since and now on 126k miles. Great all rounder.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewberden
Back