Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

BMC airfilters - current source?

jonno_

Imola
Hello folks

It's nearly service time for my 997.1 S. I'm trying (and so far failing) to find any stock of BMC filters. Its as though they've all caught the 'rona and been hospitalised.

:frustrated:

Anyone know any suppliers with current stock please?

P.S. Tried the search function, results looked "broken" :D

Thanks, but that looks like a single Mezger or X51 filter (both have 2 x rectangular filters from memory) - rather than the single, rather odd-shaped Carrera S version.

I used Carparts4less but nothing listed just now. Part number attached.

Attachments

• cc314f9a_bb5e_4001_8cf5_02d951e9b701_828.jpeg
    cc314f9a_bb5e_4001_8cf5_02d951e9b701_828.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,280
jonno_ said:
Hello folks

It's nearly service time for my 997.1 S. I'm trying (and so far failing) to find any stock of BMC filters. Its as though they've all caught the 'rona and been hospitalised.

:frustrated:

Anyone know any suppliers with current stock please?

P.S. Tried the search function, results looked "broken" :D

I purchased one from Design911 3 weeks ago

Newbe said:
I purchased one from Design911 3 weeks ago
Thanks - arrived ok I hope? D911 have a bad rep for lack of stock and marking up prices, but it's a good shout 👍

Does anyone here clean/re-oil/re-use these filters or just replace?

I appreciate that over-oiling can dirty the MAF. I think Phil says to wrap them in Kitchen absorbent paper then pop in the airing cupboard for a night?

I'm going to treat it as a disposable and not wash / re-oil.

I have K&N cleaner & oil so may give it a go with the 'Phil Technique'

If i am not happy then i will just replace.

Scholester said:
Does anyone here clean/re-oil/re-use these filters or just replace?

I appreciate that over-oiling can dirty the MAF. I think Phil says to wrap them in Kitchen absorbent paper then pop in the airing cupboard for a night?

100% steep it overnight as you described, if you reoil and reuse them :thumb: :thumb: then the maff should be fine. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrmward27
Back