Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Blue tooth kit

Steve Wright

what phone kits are the majority using if not factory fitted. Ive used parrot up til now but will need some body good to fit it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106001

Do you have PCM Steve? As that limits some of the options.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106022

What exactly is pcm, the dealer is just installing sat nav for me as the car did not have it from the factory.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106087

I have a BMW with factory fitted Bluetooth.

I've changed the sytem in my wife's car to a Parrot Blue Tooth system which is far better.

Apart from keeping the dash tidy, I'm beginning to wonder whether the manufacturer's options are worth the money. Retro fit sat nav and phone kits are cheaper and easier to update.

The Parrot kits seem excellent value for money and of course leave one free to change the phone each year. Downside is not having an integrated charging facility or key pad.

But the current Porsche set up seems to be far too complicated anyway if you have to plug in your SIM card.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106089

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Steve Wright on 04 January 2007

What exactly is pcm, the dealer is just installing sat nav for me as the car did not have it from the factory.
PCM - is Sat Nav.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106091

In the 996 Targa I used a Jabra bluetooth unit which was pretty crappy. In the TT I have PCM1 which I have found to be excellent. However I have two SIMs (different numbers) with a speed dial network command set up on my normal handset to divert to the car phone and another to take the divert off.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106097

I have PCM1 with two SIMs (different numbers). With Vodafone, you can pay £5 per month to have free calls between up to 4 VF mobiles - so I have one in the car and have my main mobile set up to transfer calls to my main number if not answered within 10 seconds, or unavailable. Then if the car number is not switched on either it diverts back to the voicemail of my main mobile number.

I also hide the number for calls made from the SIM in the car (just in case people reject the call because they don't recognise the number, or only use that number in future)

Sounds complicated, but it works - perfectly!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106357

Had a Parrott CK3200 fitted in the '3' a week ago - seems very good - works well with the Becker CDR-23 that's fitted - not expensive compared to the old offerings from Nokia etc and works really well with my Blackberry

HTH

Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106660

Most of the new Becker stereo's have bluetooth, and some also have sat nav and they look like OEM parts in the 993.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106672

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtyrdier00
Back