Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bits needed for service?

Graeme Shaw

Hi all,

As stated in another thread im about to have a full service done on my 911 turbo.

Im trying to get all the parts needed ready to have it done. Im also going to have the turbo and cat heat shields changed and a new after market exhaust put on.
This my list so far, is there anything else Ill need??

Spark plugs (igniters if needed)
Mobile 1 oil 0-40w 8 litres
oil filter
Air filter
Pollen filter
New studs and nuts for turbos to exhaust (heat shields)
heat shields

Should I also be doing the coolant?

Transmission fluid?

Thanks
Graeme

:eh!:

I believe the coolant is supposed to be lifetime fill, but I'd recommend a refresh every 5 years or so. Just drain as much as you can then refill, using the same coolant as is already in. If you mix different types of coolant you're susceptible to it coagulating.

Depending on what mileage you're on, you may want to include an aux belt change. And have you considered the water pump?

Graeme Shaw said:
...Im also going to have the turbo and cat heat shields changed and a new after market exhaust put on.
This my list so far, is there anything else Ill need??...

WD40
Angle Grinder
New Skin for Knuckles
Swear Box
Plenty of Change

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Hack
Back