Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bilstein B6 Damptronics or B16 Damptronics

markiii

Imola
Chaps

I went to see Chris at CoG last week and we concluded that I need new shocks.

I already had in mind the B16 Damptronics however Chris has also suggested the B6 may be worth considering.

The car is a 997 Targa 4S so comes with slightly softer springs than the Coupe or Cab

I'm waiting on Jayne to come back to me with some price options however we already know that

The B6 will be cheaper than the B16
The B16 comes with sprinsg and helper springs
the B16 can be height adjusted and corner weighted, the B6 can't
Both are PASM controller compatible

Since I'm not really worried about lowering and rarely take it on track the B16 look like they may be overkill

however neither option is going to be cheap and with the labour to install and align I'm tempted to say sod it and go B16 as in principle they are a higher quality more adjustable piece of kit.

However the springs rates will obviously be stiffer on the B16s and I don't want to cause issues with the Targa roof.

finding anyone whos done either with a Targa and drives on UK roads is proving difficult, so I have little basis for making the decision other than cost.

So over to you, any experiences with B6 and B16 would be useful, and if you have a Targa even better.

I have bilstiens on mine but deleted the PASM kit as I was advised against using it.

its a tad stiff and if you have a comfort car it probably wouldnt be comfy but I like to drive it and I am very happy with them.

and yes it is my daily driver, would recommend to anyone but if you want comfort then no, its not meant to be that way in a 911.

thanks Gary

did you get the none damptronic B6 or the PSS10?

whereabouts are you? if you anywhere near herts I'd be interested to take a closer look and maybe grab a ride out if that's ok

I would happily come out and take you for a spin one night but my car is far from a standard 911 and the stiffness/handling has been a major part in my mods, so it wouldn't feel anything like a car that just had the bilstiens installed.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xx22
Back