Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Best place for new number plates

b2thomas

Silverstone
Does anyone know best place for new number plates? I have googled and found a few but they all suggest they need to put their details as manufacturer on the plate for legal reasons. Is this true or can you get plates without this?

As above, it's a legal requirement.

You can actually order number plates from Amazon cheap (a friend did it this week)

The manufacturers details on the plate are indeed a legal requirement on number plates that are used on the road, but as Terry (T8) mentioned you can buy "show" plates without any manufacturer markings.

However the size of the manufacturers detail can legally be put in the smallest size script that their machine will allow before printing.

I have a 911 + 3 letters plate and you can hardly see the manufacturers details which are literally millimetres tall. So the plate looks clean and uncluttered from as little as a few feet away. :thumb:

b2thomas said:
Does anyone know best place for new number plates? I have googled and found a few but they all suggest they need to put their details as manufacturer on the plate for legal reasons. Is this true or can you get plates without this?

I have used this company a few times. Always been impressed with communication, speed of delivery and quality of the plates :thumb: (I don't know them).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-Digit-...-REG-NUMBER-PLATES-420mm-x-110mm/184286693484

The plate makers details does not have to be in black either for example Halfords use small silver text on the white front plate so you can barely see it

Thanks all - very helpful as always. I have come across these guys as well where it looks as if their details are set out (very small) in the corner as opposed to underneath.

https://numberplates4you.com/

Don't buy the hideous computer printed plastic stick on label type like Porsche supply
They are rank.
Find who your original dealer was, who sold the car new, and buy from them.

I got my local OPC to make me up a set - £25 and probably the cheapest part I have ever had from OPC :)

I got mine from here - they are acrylic based 4D plates - look stunning:

FYI - Just a heads up, you do get what you pay for, so be careful with eBay, have had some cheap plates in the past and they were no good! Also they also have PORSCHE plateholders!

It must be the season for ordering new plates. I need some too. Do we have standard UK plate size on our cars?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dicreamio
Back