Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Best battery

System

Monza
I think my car will need a new battery this summer. I believe it came with the larger capacity battery originally and the last owner seemed to have followed suit with a large Bosch battery,

What should I go for in 2022?

What model?

I recently went with this: Varta F18 Silver Dynamic Car Battery: Type 110 - 585 200 080 - 12V - 85Ah - 800CCA

It is the cheaper identical but Varta-branded version of the Bosch above.

Dunno about the others mentioned but that Bosch has a five year guarantee. The Varta is also the same price at Tayna.

GMG said:
...Deadweight = £700 for a battery :floor:

Yes, it makes your wallet lighter :floor:

jl-c said:
GMG said:
...Deadweight = £700 for a battery :floor:

Yes, it makes your wallet lighter :floor:

They're crazy expensive! I'd have thought with the dropping prices of battery tech, there would be a corresponding drop in lightweight battery prices, but seems not!

About my experience with batteries I can say that:
1. If you have a battery charger and can maintain the battery under charge for long periods you can save money and buy a battery for less than 100 pounds/euro (this is my case: never had a problem starting the car from cold to warm in the last 2 years and the previous owner bought the battery at no more than 80 euro);
2. If you do not have the possibility to maintain the car under charge for periods exceeding 3 -4 weeks, you should buy a Moll that is the original one (https://www.moll-batterien.de/en/); about the batteries at 700 pounds I think they are good for those who use the car on the track...not for normal users like me!cheers!piero :thumb:

Alex said:
Bosch battery from Tayna batteries.

https://www.tayna.co.uk/

Tayna are great... really helpful and accept payment via apple pay if you want.

I ended up buying my last 911 battery from Halfords as the last one died literally as I tried to start it before leaving on a road trip. Got a Yuasa, its been fine and has a 5 yr guarantee.

Another vote for Bosch here - I put an S5 in at the end of last year and I've had no issues with it. I trickle charge it regularly - depending on your use pattern you may benefit from doing the same. Part of it was laze on my part having a Bosch supplier around a mile from home.

Another vote for Varta, simply because its the same exact battery made in the same factory as the Bosch but typically slightly cheaper.

The one I bought: Varta F18 Silver Dynamic Car Battery: Type 110

I bought it from Battery Megastore, service was OK but then again had no problems so far. Their T&Cs are a bit meh if you read them in detail. Note sure other online suppliers are better, mind.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeff dussault
Back