Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

beginner's driver training

Motorhead

been reading some of the posts about track and driver training with interest, and it strikes me that what i'd really like is an environment where i can learn to drive my car at its limits, and learn where those limits are. with limited/no danger of trashing the car. and pretty much one to one tuition. preferably in the south east.

does anyone have any recommendations/advice on where to look?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108208

there are a selection of courses from a variety of suppliers

i'll try and post some links later, but courses are offered by

Bernald Aubery (sp)

Don Palmer

Car Limits

Ben Elliot

Motorsport Vision

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108271

Gary, thanks for that link. I've been trawling the web for something like this.

The advanced driver training day sounds great.

Anyone done it?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108338

thanks for this, some good leads. will let you know how I get on. looking forward to going round corners sideways, mostly.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108786

spoke to a few of them - car limits and ben elliott in particular very helpful; ben elliott seems to offer what i want in my area; anyone had any experience with him?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108839

Hi, Not sure if the recent training I went on would be of interest.

60% of the day was spent on public roads, the rest skid pan, abs, handling demo and a few other bits, short burst on a race track all 1-1 tuition.

Not really track focused or car at its limits - but I suspect car on or at its limits is way beyond where most of us drive 99% of the time.

See the details in my earlier post

http://www.911uk.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=32&TopicID=8736&PagePosition=2

All I can say is I came away feeling much more comfortable with the car - and knowing what it and I can do safely.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108929

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pacific7174
Back