Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Beep beep

johnoscar

Trainee
Joined
22 Apr 2013
Messages
60
Hi, is it just my alarm that when I lock the car and unlock it it beeps the horn twice.....if not anyone know how to disable it as everyone keeps looking around at me...... :oops:
 
Sounds like the alarm DME is fubar (which can be caused by water ingress under passenger seat, commonly due to block drain holes)

The double beep indicates a defect in the alarm and central locking system and requires PIWIS interogation.

Due to the specialist nature (and possible alarm/immobiliser/key etc recoding), it is recommend this diagnosis be undertaken by an OPC.
 
Just slammed the doors, pushed down on the boot and the bonnet, now its stopped.
 
johnoscar said:
Just slammed the doors, pushed down on the boot and the bonnet, now its stopped.
I was about to suggest that :D oh and the centre console lid! :thumb:
Great site this....

Dave
 
smigga said:
johnoscar said:
Just slammed the doors, pushed down on the boot and the bonnet, now its stopped.
I was about to suggest that :D oh and the centre console lid! :thumb:
Great site this....

Dave

For clarification, aperture sensor failure (or open) is just one single beep.

A double beep is alarm system defect.


There is one way to "mimic" an alarm system failure double beep, that is to both leave an aperture open and double-lock the car (rapidly press remote button twice). Then you get a beep from both processes.

Double-locking is performed to turn off the interior IR motion sensors so you may leave people or animals etc locked inside the car.

If the OP was not aware of consciously double-locking the car, it is possible there is a "bounce" in the remote micro-switch.

Double-locking (accidental or otherwise) can be confirmed by the indicators staying on for a single 2 second long flash.

OP, please confirm the beeps were single, double and/or double locked.

If the bonnet/doors action was purely coincidental, the DME or remote defect may show up again later.
 
GT4 said:
smigga said:
johnoscar said:
Just slammed the doors, pushed down on the boot and the bonnet, now its stopped.
I was about to suggest that :D oh and the centre console lid! :thumb:
Great site this....

Dave

For clarification, aperture sensor failure (or open) is just one single beep.

I've had this with mine ever since I replaced the drivers door lock, I presume that a reset should hopefully fix this issue?
 
No.

There is no need for DME/PIWIS reset.

The aperture sensor is either open or faulty at the time the alarm is set, or not.

I suggest you determine if that is the aperture sensor that's triggering:
(the alarm expects ALL apertures to be closed)

Doors (various sensors/microswitches)
Luggage compartment
Engine compartment
Convertible top-lock*
Targa glass sliding roof*
Targa rear hatch*
Coupe sunroof*
Radio contacts (inc after-market replacement)
Glove compartment*
Central armrest storage cubby

It might be one of the others (especially centre cubby - which either needs a proper close to lock, or the latch sensor goes over time, or after market radio chassis left grounded, not isolated)

*where fitted
 
Same Alarm Issue

Hi
I had the same beep beep and some times beeb issue. Then the fob stopped working & drivers window didn't go down a bit when opening the drivers door. Passenger side was ok.
So a changed the micro switch in the drivers door but that didn't work. So changed the drivers door lock thinking its the solenoid, that fixed the window issue.
Once I connected all the plugs the alarm went off and wouldn't stop. I couldn't turn it off using the fob. I started the car and it eventually stopped but when turning the car off the alarm went off again. I tried the fob, opened, locked the doors and eventually the alarm stopped. I then ran inside and shut the door behind me in case the neighbours started complaining about the noise. I've searched the forum for more solutions but I was too scared to open the car door again and check all the apertures and try locking the door 3 times with key. I'll do this tomorrow. I've also bought a new set of batteries for the fob just to rule that out.
If there is anything I've missed and can try please let me know.
Thanks
 
Re: Same Alarm Issue

Jediporsche said:
Hi
I had the same beep beep and some times beeb issue. Then the fob stopped working & drivers window didn't go down a bit when opening the drivers door. Passenger side was ok.
So a changed the micro switch in the drivers door but that didn't work. So changed the drivers door lock thinking its the solenoid, that fixed the window issue.
Once I connected all the plugs the alarm went off and wouldn't stop. I couldn't turn it off using the fob. I started the car and it eventually stopped but when turning the car off the alarm went off again. I tried the fob, opened, locked the doors and eventually the alarm stopped. I then ran inside and shut the door behind me in case the neighbours started complaining about the noise. I've searched the forum for more solutions but I was too scared to open the car door again and check all the apertures and try locking the door 3 times with key. I'll do this tomorrow. I've also bought a new set of batteries for the fob just to rule that out.
If there is anything I've missed and can try please let me know.
Thanks

:eek:

Have you considered emigrating? :oops:
 
Re: Alarm

Jediporsche said:
Thanks Red993C4 that's really helpful!

I knew I couldn't make an useful contribution, so I thought I might at least distract you from what is obviously a desperate situation for you until someone else does. :bye:

I do feel for you, but that doesn't help you either.
 

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
124,818
Messages
1,443,889
Members
49,323
Latest member
xx22
Back
Top