Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Been looking for 4 years - still not found one

vroomvroom

Hockenheim
Sold my 993 4s 4 years ago, and been looking for a replacement pretty much ever since

Have a pot of money to exchange for a 993, man, coupe , late reg, great condition (I know "join the queue")

Everytime I get close I think a 997 might be a better choice (had 2 already) or even a GT3, or perhaps a GT3 RS or an early pre-impact 911, perhaps a 981 boxster s, even thought about an airel atom !!

Is there a name and cure for my affliction ???
Even my wife is fed up of me moping around the house, staring aimlessly into the empty garrage.

Wanted great car, for fun drives at weekends, joy to clean, not too fast or flash, makes owner feel special, to keep forever (well maybe)

Here you go :thumb:

IMG-20130618-00005_zps18f0c7c4.jpg

..if you don't mind me asking, given your current state of mind, why did you sell your previous 911 ?

As Hank Moody once said "satisfaction extinguishes desire" ????

Sold my 993 because at the time I had no garage (just relocated for work)........In reality i don't know why I sold it ???

Morgan 3 wheeler - yes I have considered one, however it would be nice to take the kids out with me occasionally - rather than them mock me :) :hand:

993 2s just poped up for sale on PH, but the miles at tricky level just below 100k, my thoughts are always buy above (enjoy the discount) or well below, 88k is kind of no mans land ??

Also not sure about a 2s, I know it is sacrilege to say it but all the contemporary reviews criticised them for their poor (poorer than a nb) ride and handling

Hi Chaps,

I went to look at that one, its been on the market a good 3 months + and i was dissapointed. The images didn't reflect the car. He has changed them now, but if you look some images have colour wheel centres and others have b+w. When I went to look at it all the images had coloured and then in reality they are b+w. Also the tyres were different than in the images. I know these are very minor things but it just made me suspicious and the dealer wasn't great. He took the car in and ran it himself for a year and has now decided to sell.

Other bad points were.....
The electric seats didnt work, so i couldnt get a good position which was really bad as it was the first one i looked at, the suspension felt very spongy and the interior wasnt as good as in the images. My guess is that most of the images are of when he took it in a year or so ago and then it just seemed as though he hadn't cared for it (being a trader and all).....

I looked at it when it was up at £24K and the dealer was surprised when i walked away, I said i would think about it and he replied 'what is there to think about'? I told him i couldnt see the value in that car.....

But that said dont let me put you off :D If its that close then deffo worth a look.. Its been up for a while so I am sure if its right for you, you could get it for 20 maybe less..... its not an 'S' is it...

Lig.

I also looked at that one. In simple terms the owner was a knob with large chip on his shoulder. I had made an appointment to view the car and he could not even be bothered cleaning the mud out of it. Car is rough cosmetically and patchy service history. Spending ten minutes in his cabin going through history was painful and I did not even bother making an offer on it and walked out before I slapped him. I don't think he knows what customer service means.

Ps there is a 4s just come up at malton........POA :grin:

jonttt said:

As I'm sure you are already aware that car was for sale privately very recently (most definitely last week) for around £35K which I thought was quite reasonable on the surface of it - I wonder how much mark up Malton will place on it? :?: POA is normally a bad sign however!

I would also be sourcing a decent used outer steering wheel for it as I personally don't like the re-trimmed one currently in it - other than that a fine example of a 993 is my favourite colour.

vroomvroom said:
Is there a name and cure for my affliction ???

Even my wife is fed up of me moping around the house, staring aimlessly into the empty garrage.

Yes... Procrastination.
Yes... Get on with it and buy something, you might be dead tomorrow.

If not for yourself, do your wife a favour.

Snap out of it for heavens sake and pull yourself together. Jeez!

Paul_911 said:
jonttt said:

As I'm sure you are already aware that car was for sale privately very recently (most definitely last week) for around £35K which I thought was quite reasonable on the surface of it - I wonder how much mark up Malton will place on it? :?: POA is normally a bad sign however!

I would also be sourcing a decent used outer steering wheel for it as I personally don't like the re-trimmed one currently in it - other than that a fine example of a 993 is my favourite colour.

I would think upwards of £45k, keep them high I say :D

Paul_911 said:
jonttt said:

As I'm sure you are already aware that car was for sale privately very recently (most definitely last week) for around £35K which I thought was quite reasonable on the surface of it .......

£35k is about the right money....(if not toppy at 82k miles)
I sold my 130k miler for circa £20k

jonttt said:
Paul_911 said:
jonttt said:

I would think upwards of £45k, keep them high I say :D

I'd say you probably aren't far off - they'll definitely be looking £40+K

Surprised this car didn't sell privately at the level it was at - added to that I remember the photos and text in the add were decent!

vroomvroom said:
Paul_911 said:
jonttt said:

As I'm sure you are already aware that car was for sale privately very recently (most definitely last week) for around £35K which I thought was quite reasonable on the surface of it .......

£35k is about the right money....(if not toppy at 82k miles)
I sold my 130k miler for circa £20k

I would agree with that statement vroomvroom - the mileage is on the high side (to what is normally accepted at the top end of the market) but as the car has a desirable spec and colour combo £35K was on the nail - it's a real pity the seller was unable to sell it direct to a buyer rather than a dealer.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steviepee
Back