Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Becker Cascade - Fit

joslyn

Trainee
Got round to installing my Becker Cascade and cannot get it to sit flush in the dash, instead it sticks out about 1/2 inch.

The guys at Porsche Byfleet looked at it today and then informed me that they all fit like that.

Surely not?

Tim

Nope :hand: Should be flush. Is it with/without the cradle ?

I had the same problem.
There is something at the back that catches preventing it from completely sitting flush. I think you need to raise the rear of the unit to avoid the obstruction. Could be a snagged cable also. A bit of twiddling I'm afraid.

No cradle required.

I didn't use a cradle and adjusted the locking mechanism on the unit (the mechanism you you operate with the antitheft keys) to suit the depth of the dash aperture...........apologies if I'm stating the obvious :roll: .........perfect fit :thumbs:

TADT.
Yeah, sure they do, you twonks.

Pull the back end of the unit upward.
That bolt with the rubber grommet on, on the opposite to the facia panel end of the unit, fits in a capture frame on your car.
Its just not aligned
Mind your aux light switches n all.
Put the tools in the front when fitting it.

There is a a bracket at the back which is difficult to get the rear of the head unit into. The best way to fit it properly is to remove the glove box so you have access to the rear, this will also enable you to avoid snagging or damaging any cables as you push the head unit home.

The unit will fit flush with the dash.

thanks everybody, had another go today and the issue is definitely with the rear cradle, at one point one side was in but the other side was still not flush, even removed all the cables and hid them away to remove them from the equation.

In the end I gave up and fitted my HIDs :D I'll have another go tomorrow and take the glovebox out.

Thanks again,

Tim

I agree with Dom B. I did mine with the glove box out and laid on my back in the passenger footwell so I could see what was happening. I opened the gap between the rear bracket by bending it Evers so slightly. Only needed to be about another 3 mm or so wider to allow it to slide in more easily. It's good to have the peace of mind that nothing is snagged too because the aerial wire, GPS antenna wire and mic wires are all a bit delicate.

joslyn said:
thanks everybody, had another go today and the issue is definitely with the rear cradle, at one point one side was in but the other side was still not flush, even removed all the cables and hid them away to remove them from the equation.

In the end I gave up and fitted my HIDs :D I'll have another go tomorrow and take the glovebox out.

Thanks again,

Tim

Defo take the glove box out and maybe open up the rear cradle a bit by bending it slightly to give a bit better clearance.
I did this when I fitted mine as it was such a tight fit due to the slightly fatter body of the Cascade Head Unit.

Had another go today and now it is nice and flush.

For the next person who gets stuck, there are two guides/cradles that support the rear of the unit. The rivets on these guides prevent the Cascade from fitting in correctly so simply push them slightly to the side to enable clearance.

Thanks for the help.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manx100red
Back