Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bargain 993 Hollow Spoke Turbo's in narrow body offset

jonttt

Monaco
WARNING!!! The seller has only nearly enough info on the advert.

You need a photo of the back-inner-face of the rear wheels, as this would show the two boxes next to an A or a B, which correspond to the two possible widths he quotes (i.e. 9J or 10J) and the x-in-the-box tells you which rim it is.

A 10J hollowspoke turbo1 wheel actually measures over 10 1/2 inches, a 7J Cup2 measures over 7 1/2 and a 9J Cup2 measures over 9 1/2. I know this as I've just spent a few hours in my Wheelery having a sort-out (photos to follow :grin: )

So if he's 'measured' his rears and they 'measure' 10 inches, they might well be the 9J ones that came on the Boxster if he's 'rounded-up'.

Nothing wrong with that of course - excellent wheels whichever you get, but Boxster versions are worth less than the 996.1 versions.

Ahhh a day in the Museum of Alloy. Each Exhibit-area spings a new surprise on the happy visitor.

Look mommy, is that really a Gold Subaru wheel?

wheelery-s.JPG

Even just a 9J Cup2 rear is impressively wide (7J fronts on the left) with two 10J hollowspokes behind it.

9j-cup2-55-s.JPG

Here's the daddy....

I love the smell of new-old-stock in the morning - smells like...... hollowspokes.

10j-hollow-65-s.JPG

Are you leaving them to your children to eBay to someone who might use them?

:oops: exactly - I've decided to spread the love, and so will be putting a few sets up for sale :oops: which is why I was having a sort-out.

For instance having a spare set of the perfectest wheels ever (Cup2s) meaning that other people can't use them is CRIMINAL. :wack:

I'll get the black cap then ... :judge:

My experience of eBay is that the real bargains are from people who do not know the real value of what they are selling = they don't really know what they have = items are not described very well.

These could fall into this category but as implied above tread with care ;-)

ps I'm tempted to buy them as you could make a few bob on them but I've now got 8 sets of wheels in storage :dont know:

OC is going a bit senile, so I will be checking the Subaru section daily for Wurth Gold BBS LMs in NB.

:food:

Don't talk to me about gold wheels..
I want my BBS LMs to look like these ones.....
Nice with a black car IMHO....

Yes, those are the ones.

I just need OC to set the reserve at £200 or less.

OC are you senile or don't you know :what:

This advert is very confusing, the title says 8j, the description is 7.5j then 9j ! I would proceed with caution....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsl997
Back