Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

back-up

wizard993

Of course usual stuff.....euro recovery, Insurance etc but what about some common/less common issues that may arise and that we could deal with.

Tools - basic ones specific to Porsche that we can spread across the group
Aux belts - even replaced ones could be used as spares
Windscreen replacement - who do we call?
Punctures - some recovery contracts exclude these so need sealant/compressors etc and check with recovery companies
Water pump/gasket......again some indys may have used "get me home spares"
Alternators......as per water pump
Pulley's......as per water pump re used/ get me home spares carried by/across the group
Spare spark plugs/coil packs...again used ones will do
Coolant
Details of Porsche OPC's or Indy's identified across the route
Anything else?

Generally enough tools to carry out a water pump, pulley, aux belt or alternator fix/repair at the roadside.

I don't mind pulling all this together and ferreting around the OPC's/Indys for used parts.

Got the tyre repair kit
Got the tow rope
Got the torque wrench
Got the alternator regulator ( mines a new one) :)
Got a list of every pub on route :grin:

Wizard, if you email me your address I can post out the new coil pack that I've got boxed up from my old 996 GT3.

Many thanks but I already have 2 x new and 4 used coils in the garage so hang onto yours.

wizard993 said:
Of course usual stuff.....euro recovery, Insurance etc but what about some common/less common issues that may arise and that we could deal with.

Tools - basic ones specific to Porsche that we can spread across the group.
Last yearI took the socket set and the battery booster pack.
wizard993 said:
Aux belts - even replaced ones could be used as spares
Windscreen replacement - who do we call?
Ghostbusters?
wizard993 said:
Punctures - some recovery ***** exclude these so need sealant/compressors etc and check with recovery companies.
I have a spare and compressor
wizard993 said:
Water pump/gasket......again some indys may have used "get me home spares"
who has water?
wizard993 said:
Alternators......as per water pump
Pulley's......as per water pump re used/ get me home spares carried by/across the group
Spare spark plugs/coil packs...again used ones will do
Coolant?
Weird
wizard993 said:
Details of Porsche OPC's or Indy's identified across the route
Anything else?

Generally enough tools to carry out a water pump, pulley, aux belt or alternator fix/repair at the roadside.

You've missed out suspension adjustment kit and rear brake pad replacement kit.
wizard993 said:
I don't mind pulling all this together and ferreting around the OPC's/Indys for used parts.

I've got some spare coil packs I was going to bring and I always carry tow rope, jump leads, velcro, cable ties, oil, coolant, fuses and bulbs and duck tape. A few extra spares could help but there may be a few different engines on the tour. Gasket sealant would save carrying an array of gaskets.
What engines will there be, 996 NA, 997 TT, 964, 993 (lotus/rover/??)?

....a 996/997's alternator, water pump, pulley or aux drive belt can get changed easily/quickly enough with some basic tools, a mallet and a wooden hammer shaft. I believe that two aux drive belt types will cover the watercooled carrera range.

The water pump(i think) is generic as are the aux belt pulleys. Alternator brushes/regulators I think likewise and can be changed easily at the roadside( i have done a few of these....also water pumps along with alternators/pulley's)

Also spare bulbs and fuses(I have these)

As infrasilver is possibly going.....full engine (sameday) rebuilds may be available :lol:

I am going to start researching OPC/Indy's along the route and get their details onto a file, just in-case somebody has to pay them a visit.

Im in a lotus most likely so will be taking a spare car

jackal2513 said:
Im in a lotus most likely so will be taking a spare car

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: so what's the porkie for :?: Garage queen :dont know:

Waz needs a couple of spare batteries... :bandit:

I don't carry much in the way of spares so I'm a bit rubber-ducked if anything bends or breaks... :oops:

Best I can do is a puncture repair kit and a card with a healthy credit limit... :sad:

Best I can do is a puncture repair kit and a card with a healthy credit limit[/b]... :sad:[/quote]

Zero interest in a halfords puncture repair kit but nice to see you taking one for the team....Jà¤gerbombs, hookers, all team speeding fines paid on the spot as a goodwill gesture :worship: :thumb: :thumb:

Just make sure its not an Amex btw :wink:

Your Nectar points count will go through the roof!

support vehicle ready

...just need a driver/cook

Attachments

• sv_179.jpg
    sv_179.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 24
wizard993 said:
We just need some chick to drive the support vehicle and cook

G-Man is going to pull one "en route"on the tramp steamer, whilst we are busy driving, so we can leave that in his capable hands.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7CUU
Back