Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Back to a 911 - 997 GT3

Supergoose

After 6 years with another brand I have come back to a 911. This will actually be my 10th 911 and I have been very excited.

The car came up privately in my perfect colour, and it was my third time trying to buy a Guards Red GT3 over the years.

There was an inspection completed 2.8k mileage ago which gave me a good feel for the car. Really comprehensive with paint depth measurements, rev range checks, RMS, brake disk thicknesses etc.

I got a message on Sat night, viewed on Sunday morning, took home on Monday lunchtime after having the rev ranges checked again.

A drive tonight for milk had me smiling at every input!

A few bits to do, geo, pagids/fluid, preventative maintenance, exhaust, harness/roll bar.

Looking forward to the journey!

Attachments

• gt3front_655.jpeg
    gt3front_655.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5,551
  • interiorgt3_140.jpeg
    interiorgt3_140.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5,551
  • gt3rear_140.jpeg
    gt3rear_140.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5,551
Very nice and what a great find.. How does it feel being away for so long and then plonking yourself in a GT3 8)

guyvert1 said:
Very nice and what a great find.. How does it feel being away for so long and then plonking yourself in a GT3 8)

Thanks Guy, this was the 911 I always should have had. Its taken me a long time not to chase power and realise NA is what I enjoy.

Ive had a big power GT2 and a Turbo but for me personally they lacked something. That was 8400rpm!

I drove a 997 GT2 and a 997 GT3 back to back at the Porsche Experience centre when they were new and realised then. Its taken me this long!

Congratulations and nice colour for a GT3 :thumb:

Both cars look ace! :thumb:

Looks great :thumb: ........I remember the day well when it hit me that I preferred NA over FI after years of chasing the BHP curve........ :thumb:

She looks lovely, great choice!

No regrets over the 996 I take it? :)

Congrats, looks very nice in that colour :thumb:

Is this the same GT3 as in that chaps YouTube ownership videos? I haven't managed to watch them all the way through yet, but there can't be too many guards GT3 997.1's about 8)

Soooperb, now that`s what I call a Porsche :thumb:

If it ain`t guards red it ain`t a REAL sports car.... :grin:

ENJOY

:worship:

Lovely- well done 👍

Roro said:
Congrats, looks very nice in that colour :thumb:

Is this the same GT3 as in that chaps YouTube ownership videos? I haven't managed to watch them all the way through yet, but there can't be too many guards GT3 997.1's about 8)[/quote

I was going to ask much the same, gold alloys from memory, seemed a decent bloke, spoke to him a few times. Enjoy anyway it looks mega.😁

jonttt said:
Looks great :thumb: ........I remember the day well when it hit me that I preferred NA over FI after years of chasing the BHP curve........ :thumb:

Has taken me so long to realise its almost embarrassing.

This was my GT2 but I remember driving a 3.9l GT3 at JZM and thinking 'wow how do I prefer this?'

The challenge then was that GT3's were worth more than my GT2. My GT2 is back up for sale after I sold it for £42k.... now £95k :D

Attachments

• image_6487327_3_193.jpg
    image_6487327_3_193.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 5,379

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steviepee
Back