Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Back on the road!

Toby Armfield

Back on the road at last - new rear wheel (thanks peter) all refurbed, new conti sp's on the rear and back on the road at last!

The only thing i have noticed is that the steering wheel is not straight since the wheels were changed - it may be due to the spin but the wheel is off to the left when going straight - i only noticed it when driving back from having the tires fitted and it is noticable - the top spoke of the wheel is between the light stalk and OBC control when driving in a straight line - could having the rears up and changed have caused this? - i'm pretty sure it wasnt like this before even with the collapsible spare on.

The car steers fine and holds a straight line on its own ok - any ideas?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22750

If the steering wheel has not been removed, then it has to be an alignment/suspension issue.

Did you pay for an alignment? If not, you probably need one.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22754

Thats what i fugured - but the wheel was not as far off before the callapsible spare was taken off and the new rears put on - it is far enough eff to notice and would have noticed on the drive to the tyre shop if it was that far out before the wheel was replaced.

Booking it into Tognola for the full alignment check anyway!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22763

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DocGastro
Back