Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Back in the game.....second attempt!

Cheers T8 - looking forward to meeting you again at an upcoming 911uk meet no doubt. I haven't seen your Turbo - in fact, I've never seen a red 997 Turbo at all so that would be good to view.

Blimey Maxie. Has it been that long?! I've had 'Red' for 9 years. With 94k miles up (45k with me) she's past her best but still very pretty. 💑

P1170328.JPG

Congrats, looks lovely. I also think you have made the right decision in going for PDK.

The 911's put their power down very well and take off like a rocket, I refuse to believe many people would be able to keep up with the speed and change gears in time with a manual. Honestly, even with the paddles it's difficult to time it right, it accelerates so quickly, you literally have no time to keep your eyes on the revs. Resulting in me often leaving it in auto and letting it sort gear changes itself. Yes a manual is more involving, but you won't get the best out of the car with that box.

I have never had that issue in any other car, but with a GTS, Turbo etc I would always recommend PDK.

These are the only pics I took on my phone on collection day. Not very good quality:

Attachments

• IMG_1570.jpg
    IMG_1570.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1571.jpg
    IMG_1571.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1573.jpg
    IMG_1573.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1574.jpg
    IMG_1574.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1576.jpg
    IMG_1576.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 16
  • rear2.jpg
    rear2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 19
I refuse to believe many people would be able to keep up with the speed and change gears in time with a manual. Honestly, even with the paddles it's difficult to time it right, it accelerates so quickly, you literally have no time to keep your eyes on the revs.
Yup!

Depends how you want to drive the car, I don’t tend to drive flat out everywhere for that to be a problem 😂

The only benefit for me with automatic is traffic - that’s why my dailies are and always will be auto

Not on my fun car though…

It’s only right that Maxie can be the judge here though on this thread - Maxie in 6 months we want a full report on whether you have any regrets going for auto instead of manual 😎

991.2 finally the PDK + and - are the right way around isn’t going to ok

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back