Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Autocar Video, New Cayman 981 Steve Sutcliffe likes it...

Senoj

Autocar brief review

Attachments

• autocar_cay_740.jpg
    autocar_cay_740.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 6,271
Had a mouch round a 987.2 Cayman R this afternoon.

Looked nice, but my mind wandered to what an amazing package a 981c R would be.

:worship:

I'm going to have a look at it next month....great review !!! 8)

"I can't believe you can get all this for £48K"

Because you can't.

He has been driving one specked with all sorts of extras, about £60K.

He'd have it over any 911 any day of any week, I wonder if he just got carried away there or if he meant it :dont know:

PeterS said:
"I can't believe you can get all this for £48K"

Because you can't.

He has been driving one specked with all sorts of extras, about £60K.

precisely. and therefore all the other raving is meaningless.

Loveley car but at 60k with options, I'd wait till next year and choose a 2 year old, low mile 991.

nick w said:
I'm going to have a look at it next month....great review !!! 8)

I had a couple of invites to preview nights from OPCs, however - the dates offered were when we will be driving GT3s around Portugese racing circuits...

I think Sutcliffe has summed it up rather well though - these days you would surely only buy a 991 Carrera over the 981 if you needed the extra rear child seats.

Mmm, well he likes it.

Just doesnt grab me. I wonder if its about colours :?: and the Vectra like side blade styling :?: mind you, we haven't seen it in the flesh really yet.

What's with the blinking front "fog" lights? Are they "adaptive" :?:

He's a bit of a PDK fan too...

I am loving this new Cayman, looks like Porsche have nailed the looks this time. Can't wait to see it in the flesh.

~ Maxie :thumbs:

Maxie said:
I am loving this new Cayman, looks like Porsche have nailed the looks this time. Can't wait to see it in the flesh.

~ Maxie :thumbs:

:thumb:

although the Cayman S starts from £48k but the car in the video as tested was £60k.

still a very capable car, if only it looked better!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PatrickRas
Back