Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Auto Finesse Graphene

The Baron3

Monza
I bought some at the weekend and did my car this evening, easy to apply and results look good although it was getting dark when I finished so will see how it sparkles in sun tomorrow, it's meant to be the next big thing and offers protection for up to 8mths

https://www.autofinesse.com/en/graphene-500ml

I doubt it will last more than 8 weeks (assuming you do not use a drying aid or topper spray when washing thereafter).

The main benefit of graphene is its anti-static properties (ability to repel dust) which is great in summer but bears little to no relevance in autumn / winter.

If you are after durability and do not want to ceramic coat the car, then I would recommend something like Fusso Coat - which is a probably one of the best sealants you could put on a car at this time of year.

Then simply revert to a premium carnauba wax (ie Swissvax) and high gloss detail sprays during the spring and summer months so that the car looks its best at all times.

...you appear to know your stuff so I have just waxed with the Swissvax Best of Show...best wax I've ever used!

...what detail spray do you recommend? I have been using an Autoglym one...

...Thanks kindly :thumbs:

GMG said:
...you appear to know your stuff so I have just waxed with the Swissvax Best of Show...best wax I've ever used!

...what detail spray do you recommend? I have been using an Autoglym one...

...Thanks kindly :thumbs:

Cheers mate.

Can't go wrong with a layer of Swissvax (my favourite wax brand might I add too).

Autoglym Rapid Detailer isn't too shabby to be fair. Swissvax will recommend you to use their Lotos Speed and/or Quick Finish sprays with their waxes but they are overpriced imo. There are 'better' products out there, would recommend any of the following depending on your needs (in no particular order):

• Garage Therapy TWO Quick Detailer - super slick (leaves the paint feeling like glass), great at leaving a streak-free finish when used as a drying aid as it picks up water spots and is also a good sheeter. The finish (in terms of depth) is nothing to sing home about though and so I tend to mainly use this in winter (when I am less interested in finish but am more concerned with slickness [to reduce marring] and water behaviour).
  • Gyeon Q²M QuickDetailer - leaves a very wet finish, easy to use, and is also a good sheeter. Works well in tandem with their Q² Wax.
  • AutoFinesse Finale - leaves a wet and reflective finish which makes it a good combo with Swissvax waxes. Water behaviour is poor though and so I only use this in summer.
  • Meguiar's Gold Class Carnauba Plus Quik Wax - not a detail spray as such but more a spray wax, nevertheless it leaves a super wet finish as it has very good darkening capabilities, easy to use too, but the water behaviour is quite mediocre (mainly use in summer).

...really helpful thanks kindly...as I only use my car ( lives in a garage) in the summer I shall buy some Autofinese Finale...

...Take care Giles

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steviepee
Back