Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Audio Socket - 997.1

allenw

Can't believe you spend so much money on a car and there's no audio socket to plug in the iphone. I know the gen2 comes with bluetooth, but not so lucky on the gen1's unless spec'd originally. Anyone found a simple way of either adding a socket or installing bluetooth. Do the OPC's have any after sales options? Any help greatly appreciated.

The optical MOST bus prevents any sensible/easy connection methods. You're left with expensive solutions like MoBridge or Dension. The latest variant of the Dension 500 is supposed to be pretty good, though.

The Dension Gateway 500 is not bad in terms of what it does - I have one installed in my 997.1 and have all my music on a 64GB stick attached to it. The user interface is appalling however, which limits using its use when driving to moving to the next/previous track. Other than that, you need either a passenger or to stop.

allenw said:
Can't believe you spend so much money on a car and there's no audio socket to plug in the iphone. I know the gen2 comes with bluetooth, but not so lucky on the gen1's unless spec'd originally. Anyone found a simple way of either adding a socket or installing bluetooth. Do the OPC's have any after sales options? Any help greatly appreciated.

OPCs do offer an iPod connector for the Gen 1 cars but it's not worth having, reputedly. As mentioned, Denison and MoBridge are aftermarket solutions. I have the MoBridge which allows full control of your iPod from the PCM interface. It's a bit fiddly but a good alternative to a 6CD changer (which would take up valuable boot space).

If you're going for either of these, make sure you go to a recommended fitter as it's been known for non-recommended fitters to screw up whilst implementing these solutions. I went to JZM who is an approved MoBridge installer.

~ Maxie

allenw said:

I have a Denison install in my car. Although it is good for playing with iPod style devices. It does not have an Aux in, which is strange.

I do not rate it highly though.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkivalex
Back