Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Assistance required on values?

Simon Whitlam

Hi

New on the site! but a porsche owner from 1984 mainly early 911's currently have 944 trackday car in process of building (84 vintage) and a 911 SC targa 1979.

My question is what are the true values of porsches of these ages as views really do vary, is there a bench mark? for say a 1979 targa Sc sport spec GP white 100k good history p/p reg etc not mint but a true original car.....investment or sentence?

Have always hankered after a early Turbo 3.3 but initial cost have held me off buying my next dream, Are they still a good investment ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15686

I reckon a 79 targa SC is worth about £8k and unfortunately is not an investment. Too many SC's around, targas are less popular than coupes (don't have the "pure lines", risk of leaking, less rigid chassis). White is also not a popular colour at the moment.

If you enjoy driving it then keep it, but I wouldn't hold on to it hoping it will increase in value. In fact, we are likely to see a turn in the value of "classic" 911's I reckon. The current market feels all too similar to the last boom in classic cars, and we know where that went.

Early Turbo 3.3's can be had for sensible money still but the are more expensive to maintain. More likely to hold its value than the SC targa but still not a "classic". Need to look to the early 70's "S" and "E" really, or the later 964 RS & 993 RS (both of which are now horrendously expensive)

Bottom line is don't buy cars as an investment. You might get lucky, but you probably won't.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15693

Hi James

Many thanks for the thoughts! i was beginning to think i was going mad still having a passion for porsche when two local valuers offered me less than 7k the pair 944 and 911 against a early 3.3...

Great website !!

regards

Simon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15740

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DocGastro
Back