Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Arena Red 993's

tim993

saw a lovely P reg Arena Red (i think) Targa picking up at Surbiton station this evening. :lol:

that was it - just wanted to say 'nice car'!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107597

Always nice to see another good looking Porsche. :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107615

Wasn't me, but I'll accept your compliment!

Big up for the Arena red gang!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107711

wasn't me either, but I'll accept the compliment too.

The longer i have it, the more I am pleased with the colour, and overjoyed i didnt go with my first choice of silver!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109020

Me neither - it is a great colour.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109024

(just back from NY, knackered, but somehow catching up on this forum is more important than sleep)

sounds like another potential 911uk member out there then !

Agreed Arena Red rocks - esp when has been buffed up and Zymolled by Gurch. :lol:

I often see Porkers at Surbiton: Guards Red 964 (black wheels?), several 996 coupes and targas a nice 997 in dark blue and a handful of Boxtsers.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109030

was it you Algray ?

:)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109041

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by tim993 on 13 January 2007
was it you Algray ?
:)

Sorry, It wasn't me, maybe we should start a new thread for Arena Red cars only, best colour IMHO :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109504

seems to be quite a few Targas in Arena... :)

The more i see Targas, the more i like them - esp. the 997 on the Porsche GB website in a metallic golden colour. A C4s, with the spangly chrome as well and a nice tip 'box would make a good cruiser... :eek:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109655

Yeah, Arena red rocks.

Whether it is a turbo body or not, this paint job glows.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109705

Sold 4 arena cars last year

Refreshingly different compared to silver,

Especially with some Vintage to make it really shine

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111111

Saw a lovely arena Turbo at a local dealer today... mmmmmmm.

(and a black/orange 997 GT3 RS hubba hubba)

Is it fair to say that comments about arena being an 'unpopular colour' are a bit unfair? My experience is it does not tend to photograph especially well, but looks fab in the metal, especially with a bit of polish.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111115

Mark - if it's not too inappropriate a question, did the colour affect the price?

Agree so much with RobertB:-

I don't wish to raise any debate on colour - we all have our tastes, but when i first saw Arena in the flesh i was smitten. With Gurch's good work it looks even better. An unexpected twist when viewing cars was that i found i liked the silver a lot more than i had expected (on wide body cars) and i was really disappointed by a dark blue metallic TT (the car may well still be for sale at a dealer not far off the North Circular in North London...).

On the whole though, the 993 seems to come up good in most colours - i suspect because of the curves. With a spot of Zymol, even more so.

My fave is still the 'Flymo' orange that has recently resurfaced on the 997 GT3 RS :lol:

(or - dare i say it here - Dakar Gelb II as seen on a few select M cars... 8) )

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111254

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7CUU
Back