Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Are we allowed what's it worth threads?

antong

Trainee
Having been a long time 993 owner 18 months ago I bought my bosses 996 off him.

In short great car but I never drive the 993 and I can't bring myself to part with that so the 996 needs to go.

It's a 2001 3.4 c4, black with extended grey leather, 85k ish, full history car that 3 years ago had everything done - I mean everything.

Brakes
Shocks, springs, bushes, arb's - COG alignment
IMS/RMS and Clutch
Short Shift
Manifolds and back boxes
Refurbed Wheels
Leather restoration
All new Rad - Aircon and coolant
RS engine mounts
Kenwood DAB/Apple Play stereo and alpine speakers
Body work detailed and coated.

Having looked here, ebay, autotrader it seems it's worth anything between 13 and 23k. HELP!

I'm not greedy, it's likely to be going to a friend and i'd like a bit of a guide on a fair price.

'Value threads' are common and are often well subscribed to - despite many saying they don't like them. :thumb:

To get a better idea of value some detail about age (.1 or .2) and where servicing has been done etc is needed.

£13k - £23k is a big range. Comparisons on selling sites only work if you compare like for like eg. private v private, dealer v dealer.

The car is a 2001 W plate 3.4 on the original engine and drivetrain, servicing is a mix:

The first 13 were at Porsche - Chaplegate then Northway.
The last four have been independent but all with extensive Porsche experience.

I have all the documentation to support the service book and all previous mots too.

I literally can't think of anything the car needs, new brakes last week, tyres too, my attitude is if it needs it, it gets it.

Car seems well prepared for new owner from your description.

I would advertise at £20k if it was mine.

antong said:
......... Having looked here, ebay, autotrader it seems it's worth anything between 13 and 23k. HELP!

I'm not greedy, it's likely to be going to a friend and i'd like a bit of a guide on a fair price.

Private sale to a mate ........... £16k :dont know:

Based on current AT asking prices I'd put it on there for £17,995 with a view to getting £17k.

antong said:
In short great car but I never drive the 993 and I can't bring myself to part with that so the 996 needs to go.

You never drive the 993 :dont know: What's wrong with it? Hopefully not the embarassment factor of having a Moody Blue interior. :what:

Chum, you need to get out more and use it to visit Illuminati meetings as you'll be the only 993 driver there. The members can give you a critique whilst they regale themselves over the best trickle charger, decaying wiper widget or how much volume of air the carcoon cycles per hour in winter if they haven't sold out at the top of the bell-curve :roll:

Zingari, you're right apparently I should be sitting at the garage door screaming my precious.

The 993 works just fine but needs a trip to the body shop to deal with a rusty screen surround. I spent last winter rebuilding my fiat 127 and the subsequent spring confusing people with that so the 911 hasn't turned a wheel.

My 993 is not low mileage and concourse like so many others so deserves to be used but the 996 is parked on the driveway, no faffing to extract it from the garage etc it has been this years daily..

I suspect few folk may buy a Porsche with pocket change in which case there is ever likely to be a degree of interest in the value of Porsches, be someone in the market to buy or change model, enjoy their Porsche as daily transport, track day special, weekend cruiser, garage queen, valued as investment or more likely at east a couple one from the aforementioned list.. :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steviepee
Back