Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone using Dunlop SP Sport 9090 ?

nikv

I've seen a lot of mention of Pirelli Rossos, Conti Sports and Michelins, but has anyone got the Dunlop SP Sport 9090 on their pre-2002 996 or on their 993 ?

What is that tyre like in comparison to the Pirelli or Michelin, in case you have experience with both ?

Nik

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18255

I had a set of 18" Dunlop 9090s on a BMW 328Ci. Awful tyres! Slightest kerbing caused chunks of sidewall to rip off. About £180 each and the rims weren't even marked. I've heard of sacrificial disks but didn't think tyres were supposed to do that.....

Are they N4 rated?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18258

They're N0, but listed by Porsche as approved for pre-2002 911s (Carrera 2 and 4).

I was testing a C4 recently that had a new set of these, and the car just seemed twitchy. This was on a motorway as well, and while the surface was not completely dry, and it was fairly windy, I thought that a C4 should feel better planted than that...

I was just wondering if it was me, as a C2 I tested a couple of weeks previous (both 1999 cars, and both LHD), felt a lot more sure. That one had Pirellis on, but it was a dry day, sunny day.

I still would've expected the experience to have been the exact opposite...

Nik.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18261

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back