Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone know of any Coffin arms for sale not from Porsche

mightymetro

As per my previous thread i need 4 x coffin arms for my 1999 C4 and everywhere seems to be out of stock of coffin arms. TRW have stated to me personally that they have a huge back order and cannot see supply getting through in the near future.

My Question is, anyone know of any TRW ones for sale. I can get Meyle ones i think for £100 each but euro car parts are quoting £170 each for TRW but cannot guarantee they will turn up as they have no stock either.

Im a bit screwed really as i have all the other new parts waiting to go on but no Coffin arms and its off for its final geo in a few weeks so need to get them changed

Also, are the early cayman / 997 rears interchangable, and if so do they carry a different part number

Any help would really be appreciated.

Why not just change the bushings on yours?

The ball joints can also wear.

markiii said:
Why not just change the bushings on yours?

This is what I'm in the process of doing at the moment, I fitted poly bushes on the front about 18 months ago and now its time to do the rears as the rubber on one is de-laminating. I was thinking of doing a DIY thread as there may be a shortage of coffin arms soon and it may be handy for other to see how to change them. The ball joints can be checked easily to see if they are worn.

Unfortunately the ball joints have also worn hence the need to change the complete arms

Hartech sell reconditioned coffin arms as exhange units - they also currently states as temporarily unavailable, but does this mean they/someone else can sort the ball joints if you were willing to wait, and then you could poly bush the rest..?

Thanks for the replies. I have gone with 4 new Meyle items so will let you know how they get on

mightymetro said:
Thanks for the replies. I have gone with 4 new Meyle items so will let you know how they get on

In view of the parts shortage, don't let anyone just dump your old coffin arms in the scrap metal bin!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benny-g
Back