Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone having trouble filling the fuel tank in this heat ???

JohnnyDangerous

Estoril
I always just fill the car up and tried today, Hmmm I thought thats not taken much even though it was right up to the nozzle, sure enough started up and read 3/4 tank, drove home and got another £26 in even though the journey prob used little more than 10 ltrs of fuel.

Re: Anyone having trouble filling the fuel tank in this heat

JohnnyDangerous said:
I always just fill the car up and tried today, Hmmm I thought thats not taken much even though it was right up to the nozzle, sure enough started up and read 3/4 tank, drove home and got another £26 in even though the journey prob used little more than 10 ltrs of fuel.

A common ailment with the 996/986.
(Maybe the 9x7 models as well, can't remember for sure?).

How long does it take to 'settle' just if I do a long journey I like to brim it.

JohnnyDangerous said:
How long does it take to 'settle' just if I do a long journey I like to brim it.

It's not a question of getting it to settle once it's in the tank as it is of getting it to go down the filler pipe past the air which the fuel displaces. Once it's in, it stays in, as long as you turn the filler cap till it clicks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
P12NLL
Back