Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone had this happen?

Yellowman

Got home from work today and put the tiptronic into park. Engine was idling as I wanted to check the oil level using the dipstick. Car doors had been locked from inside while driving using the button in front of the tiptronic gear lever and gate. Opened the drivers door and got out, went round to passenger door to open it and pull the lever for the engine lid. Door wouldn't open - went back to the drivers door and that was locked aswell - *****!
The red light in the forward console was on showing that the doors had been locked from inside.
I'm confused - this shouldn't happen, as soon as the door is opened from the inside this red light goes out?
Any comments or advice would be welcome

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109870

Were you locked out of the car then with the engine running? Sounds nightmarish, havent experienced myself. Have you been able to replicate?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109874

Yes engine was running, house keys inside the car. Had to use a neighbours phone to get my wife to come home from work and let me into the house so I could get my spare car keys!
Havent tried to replicate yet, will take spare keys into work tomorrow and have a go.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109875

sounds very odd, though I wonder whether there is a fail safe on the car in case of attempted theft, eg open door with engine running it will lock again once closed when another locked door is tried from the inside, as logical thinking would suggest why would someone try and open a locked door from the inside when the other door is open without using the remote inside overide, by the stereo?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109884

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Yellowman on 16 January 2007

Got home from work today and put the tiptronic into park. Engine was idling as I wanted to check the oil level using the dipstick. Car doors had been locked from inside while driving using the button in front of the tiptronic gear lever and gate. Opened the drivers door and got out, went round to passenger door to open it and pull the lever for the engine lid. Door wouldn't open - went back to the drivers door and that was locked aswell - *****!The red light in the forward console was on showing that the doors had been locked from inside. I'm confused - this shouldn't happen, as soon as the door is opened from the inside this red light goes out?Any comments or advice would be welcome

doesnt sound good, clearly a problem with the central locking, needs a garage investigation asap

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111094

Had a similar thing happen to my BMW 3 series on a boiling hot day lat year at a business park. Sat next to the stupid thing with the doors locked and engine running for about 45 mins while my mrs drove over with a spare key.

But no, never had it happen with the 993. The moral perhaps is if you are going to leave a car with the engine running, leave the driver's window open.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111427

do you have doors that lock automatically to stop car jacking?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111434

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
11erCharlie
Back