Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone had their 993 rolling road'd

Rodders

Magny-Cours
/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/rr1(1).jpg
had mine on a local rolling road at the weekend

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/rr6(2).jpg

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/rr2%20(480%20x%20360).jpg

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/rr3%20(480%20x%20360).jpg

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/rr4%20(480%20x%20360).jpg

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/rr5%20(480%20x%20360).jpg

my figs at the wheels were 205bhp............which seemingly equated to 256 at the fly,was original thinking bloody hell i'm missing nigh on 20 horses but a friend with a varioram C4(my one is non-vario btw) only bettered my wheels fig by 5bhp

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61761

Firstly I think your car looks ace with the RS kit on (I love that rear spoiler, my favorite of the bunch)

Secondly I asked if JZM would RR my car but they said it was a bad idea for turbos because you can't get enough air to the engine causing problems that may not be immediately apparent. Don’t know how true that statement is but seems strange to turn away work for no reason.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61772

Rodders,

• I know you can expect a drop from the engine to wheels, but why so much?
  • I presume your meant to be putting out 275 bhp?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61773

Isn't it risky doing a rr on an air colled 911 given the rr company has a relatively small fan aimed at the front of the car - ie set up for testing a car with water cooling and front mounted rads?

Great car btw, certainly the best shape and colour 991 combo.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61775

it was their first 993 and C4 that they had done..........however the fan was massive and powerful and the operator made sure that there was sufficient air reaching the lid............in fact for the 3 runs, he made sure there was a 2 minute gap between them and in all that time the oil temp stayed constant too

as for the 256 at the flywheel figure this is really an estimate as if it was making 205 at the wheels if you take into account drivetrain losses of 30% which is seemingly the norm for 4WD then its closer to the stock 272 it should be making

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61783

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by smtk on 01 June 2006

Firstly I think your car looks ace with the RS kit on (I love that rear spoiler, my favorite of the bunch)Secondly I asked if JZM would RR my car but they said it was a bad idea for turbos because you can't get enough air to the engine causing problems that may not be immediately apparent. Don’t know how true that statement is but seems strange to turn away work for no reason.

thanks Simon,Ill easy do a straight swap with yours as i'm quite a fan of your motor too,especially the extra horses yours has :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61796

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rodders on 01 June 2006
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by smtk on 01 June 2006Firstly I think your car looks ace with the RS kit on (I love that rear spoiler, my favorite of the bunch)

Secondly I asked if JZM would RR my car but they said it was a bad idea for turbos because you can't get enough air to the engine causing problems that may not be immediately apparent. Don’t know how true that statement is but seems strange to turn away work for no reason.

thanks Simon,Ill easy do a straight swap with yours as i'm quite a fan of your motor too,especially the extra horses yours has :wink:

I'll think i hold on to my turbo for now [:p] i just wish the rear spoiler looked more like the rs one

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61830

rodders

that's a damn nice car, LOVE the RS Aero kit, that's what I SO need !!!

I've had mine RR'ed...... actually a few times now, I'll try and dig out the stats...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61940

cheers guys

the RS kit is what sold the car to me.........maybe paid a bit over the odds for it but as it passed an OPC inspection and had the kit on.....thought it was worth paying a bit over the odds for it..............quite fancy a change of wheel tho...........either BBS Le mans or the split rim Speedlines.........tho ive also got a set of colour coded Cup2's

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61960

Not a 993 I'm afraid, but my 89 3.2 made 190 at the wheels. RR's can vary massively and ambient temperature can make a huge difference so don't get too hung up about bhp figures...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62780

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dicreamio
Back