Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

anyone fancy a Lamborghini ?

I think I am right, but another petrol head will probably correct me, lamborgini started making tractors before sports cars, also he worked for Ferrari early on in his carrer.

Daz.

Cool tractor.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43576

Didn't they start by making engines for, was it, tanks or aeroplanes - I know they're not much different. If they're Italian and military, they still go faster backwards than forwards.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43579

no lambo the owner (a tractor producer) asked ferrari for a car or complained his cars werent good enough

so old ferrari said well go make your own

and so he did

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43580

Gentlemen I stand corrected. The Interweb says that Mr Lambo owned a farm equipment company and he was "snubbed" by Enzo so he commissioned a car building factory 30 km from Maranello and the rest is history.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43582

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Seagull on 20 January 2006

Gentlemen I stand corrected. The Interweb says that Mr Lambo owned a farm equipment company and he was "snubbed" by Enzo so he commissioned a car building factory 30 km from Maranello and the rest is history.
Did he not work for Ferrari at some time?

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43585

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by darren james on 20 January 2006
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Seagull on 20 January 2006Gentlemen I stand corrected. The Interweb says that Mr Lambo owned a farm equipment company and he was "snubbed" by Enzo so he commissioned a car building factory 30 km from Maranello and the rest is history.
Did he not work for Ferrari at some time?
Daz.
[/i:6Knmbl0a52]
nop

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43594

as the story goes.. he bought a ferrari and wasn't impressed as it was failing apart, etc he went to enzo and told him of the problems he was having but enzo told him to piss off, etc.. so he went off and made a car to rival the ferrari

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43597

My understanding was that Mr lambo actually had a problem with the clutch on his ferrari, he complained to Enzo and was told by Enzo he knew nothng abut sports cars.

Mr Lambo put in a tractor clutch to replace the ferrari clutch and when that worked he decided he could do an alround better job of building sportscars...lamborghini was born!

Thank God Enzo didn't just fix the clutch! :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43604

I WILL get a Lambo one day! Rather have a Lambo over a Ferrari. :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43776

once i hit the price bracket on prosche lambo is the next step :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43793

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 20 January 2006

as the story goes.. he bought a ferrari and wasn't impressed as it was failing apart, etc he went to enzo and told him of the problems he was having but enzo told him to piss off, etc.. so he went off and made a car to rival the ferrari
... that like ontemporary Italian supercars also fell apart etc. But Lambo's differentiator was that his were hugely impractical too. (Since copied by Ferrari, Pagani, Ascari, Noble... etc) :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43794

If I had, a) a manor and b) a garden, I would quite fancy having a Lambo garden tractor :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43795

Daz I know what you are thinking of - Enzo worked for Alfa, drove for them then ran their racing operation - he set up hiw own Alfa dealership and started building his own cars while providing technical support for Alfa clients who wanted to race.

Here is a cool link -
http://www.ddavid.com/formula1/fer_bio_main.htm

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43803

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by smtk on 23 January 2006
once i hit the price bracket on prosche lambo is the next step :)

Naah! Im gonna wait for the Massey Ferguson v16 600BHP Lambo killer.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43826

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul J
Back