Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone ever tried to fit two tyres into the 997

SausageCreature

Barcelona
I'm due to pick up a couple of 265x40x18 at the weekend. External Diameter is about 24"

Has anyone managed to get a pair of these in the car without damaging anything?

Cheers
M

YES :thumbs: I have.

Two rear, 295/35/R18, easily fit in the back, but I'm not tall (just under 5' 7") and I had no passenger so the front seats could come forward.

I'm going to see if I can fit a full set of winters inside in the next couple of weeks. Perhaps I'll break out the roof rack!

I thought i did well getting a 235 35 19 on the passenger seat , i take my hat off too you.

I got four 18" wheels with tyres into a 964 and drove 300 miles ... i wouldn't recommend it at all, not if you value your life .
You will get the two in the front and start your journey but they soon move around.

You guys totally crease me buy a Tranny a 4wd one :thumb: :thumb:

I hear what your saying , it does go against the grain . If i remember rightly i had it wrapped up with bath towels . Not mine , the kids .

plavix said:
Martian said:
Maybe they fit, but I wouldn't put one inside my car! :)

As long as they have a seat belt on!

Plavix I would not recommend this when you come to mine to collect all 4 alloys!! :lol:

That was the plan though! They at least don't have tyres on them.

That's nothing, you should have seen the OPC parts managers face when I squeezed a box full of PSE into the back. Admittedly I had to put the passenger seat down and bend the corners a bit.

Rattle from the passenger side seat belt mount appears to have disappeared since then too. We should sticky it as a fix.

:thumbs:

kp964 said:
I got four 18" wheels with tyres into a 964 and drove 300 miles ... i wouldn't recommend it at all, not if you value your life .
You will get the two in the front and start your journey but they soon move around.

You were doing well until you got to Chiefs and all five of you spilled out.

:)

Mark, Have DHL and Parcelforce ceased trading?

:?:

PeterS said:
Mark, Have DHL and Parcelforce ceased trading?

:?:

What, and miss out on an opportunity to go for a drive! Dodging car parts internally admittedly. :D

plavix said:
That was the plan though! They at least don't have tyres on them.

That's nothing, you should have seen the OPC parts managers face when I squeezed a box full of PSE into the back. Admittedly I had to put the passenger seat down and bend the corners a bit.

Rattle from the passenger side seat belt mount appears to have disappeared since then too. We should sticky it as a fix.

:thumbs:

:floor: Tbf one in boot? two in the back and one up front you should be fine I reckon ... I even throw is some spare bubble wrap I have :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfaMax1996
Back