Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone else or just me....?

smigga

After a day like mine today, 12 hours work and then a couple of hours of family chaos, does anyone else feel the need to just escape in their car?
I actually offered to nip to Tesco once Id thrown my tea down.
The smell of the leather, hug of the seats, turn into roundabouts brought a smile back to my face, then as I left Tesco I was greeted by the glint of the car park lights on the wheel edges and the smouldering dark curves in the dimming light,(ok Im getting carried away now) just made the day feel some how better with a dash of 996 added... :wink:
Cant wait for a proper blast on Sunday! :thumb:
Dave

Not just you, if I don't drive it for a couple of days I get withdrawal symptoms. Last week I used the wifes car for work as we have winter tyres on that and still getting snow. By Friday I was up at 06:30 and away for a run. Other times I find myself going the long way round to the Shell station thats a mile away from my house. If I take an indirect route I have 30 miles of lovely B roads :)

So what if it does take a bit longer to fill up :thumb:

Strewth Dave, you're getting all Shades Of Grey on us here......

I know exactly what you mean

After the spell of recent xxitty weather and the lack of spare time I finally got to take my beloved (car I mean) out for a proper drive.Went to Cornwall on a 660 mile round trip and the baby didn't miss a beat some great roads to open up on just a shame it's still a bit cold for the roof to come down so roll on the summer Andy :l

Chief said:
Strewth Dave, you're getting all Shades Of Grey on us here......
Lol, tongue in cheek Cheif don't panic :D
Just a nice change from the van!

Dave

smigga said:
... does anyone else feel the need to just escape in their car? ... Dave
I feel it every day and do it a 1,000 miles a month.

I know what you mean. Mines been shut in the garage for the past month due to the weather and finally got it out on Saturday.

Took it out for a good blast round the B roads, just love the surge as you accelerate out of a tight corner when it just sits down and fires you at the next one :D :D :D :D :D

Even when I'm using it to drive the few miles into work I'm always looking for opportunities to give it that little squirt out of a corner.

Me included....sometimes I just stand and look at it in the garage...thninking "god damn" that's my car :grin: :grin:

Stefandk said:
Me included....sometimes I just stand and look at it in the garage...thninking "god damn" that's my car :grin: :grin:

Haha, mines on the drive outside the Kitchen Window, I'm always doing that :)

I don't look at it much but I do like the sound of PSE pootling around in a multi storey car park.

To get around cabin-fever, I even went to work today!! :D

40 miles of Herefordshire countryside. Little traffic/empty roads. Lovely.

Took mine the long way home from Gatwick to SE London yesterday evening as my last drive in my pride and joy! PX'd it for a new family wagon last weekend and it goes on Saturday. A broken Targa roof and numerous other faults diagnosed by my local OPC has meant I am giving up on Porsche ownership for now until I can afford one which won't go wrong - if there is such a car!

Gutted but have enjoyed my (brief) period of ownership

Sometimes I just want to pack my bag and drive straight to Nurburg the Porsche paradise !! Few laps early in the morning when it is empty and enjoy a nice steak on a stone with a nice Weissbeer.

Actually I think about it every single week !! 8)

7 weeks to go and I am off there !!!!!! :Dance-Tap:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CS4997Gen1
Back