Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone body coloured turbo wheels?

roofrack29

I have a 99 996 in dark blue with turbo wheels and the back ones have started to corrode and will need repainting at some point.

Looking at old photos got me pondering whether body colouring them with a silver rim (a la fuchs) would look good or not?

I just wondered if anyone had tried this or seen something similar?

Cheers.

Silver rims always work well on black wheels

2011-911-GTS_05.jpg

Attachments

• 996_turborim_787.jpg
    996_turborim_787.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 4,894
roofrack29 said:
I have a 99 996 in dark blue with turbo wheels and the back ones have started to corrode and will need repainting at some point.

Looking at old photos got me pondering whether body colouring them with a silver rim (a la fuchs) would look good or not?

I just wondered if anyone had tried this or seen something similar?

Cheers.

have seen in the flesh in dark blue, they look FABULOUS!

deffo what I would do

have also seen turbo with "Sport Technology" wheels painted, again great. the silver rim is what makes it too, I don't like all one colour

I did mine and liked the look. They do make the wheels look a little smaller though.

9488275282_1c9169ab9f.jpg

Thanks for the replies and help.

The decision would seem to be: colour code and silver rim or black and silver rim?

It is a darker blue than the gts photo so might be semantics..

Anybody got a seal grey with colour coded/dark turbo alloys???

Contemplating it

Hey shipley. You have a couple of upgrades which are on my to do list namely the LCD rear lights and the wheel refurb.
I know I can get same colour wheel for about £65 a corner but how much and who did yours?

PorscheNews....That is what I was looking for in my recent thread about the Carrera Sport Classic wheels on a seal grey c4s (ok, that ones a turbo, but good enough!) :)

Any more pics of that car fella?:

apologies for the thread hijack!

Another shout for silver/polished rims as opposed to a single colour only. Here are mine (though the distinction between the GT silver spokes and the polished rim aren't very pronounced in these):

~ Maxie 8)

Basalt Black with shadow chrome and orange pinstripe

Stokepotter said:
Hey shipley. You have a couple of upgrades which are on my to do list namely the LCD rear lights and the wheel refurb.
I know I can get same colour wheel for about £65 a corner but how much and who did yours?

Hi, mine were £55 per wheel from Wheelworks in Crawley (http://www.wheelworksuk.co.uk/). They are also in Guildford. Not sure where you are based but if you go to a decent company and offer cash they should near enough match that price.

Mine were done 18 months ago.

Cheers for that, I am in stoke so will have a look locally, I had my 19" brera wheels done locally but don't know if they do the duel colour scheme but looking at yours that's what I want.

JohnnyDangerous said:
Basalt Black with shadow chrome and orange pinstripe

I wonder where you got the inspiration from to go with that black and orange theme. :?:

:grin:

Have made a few enquiries locally and the price ranges from £46 per wheel but this is for just one colour.
There is another company who do the polished rims but they want £62 for each wheel and then another £50 for the rim on each wheel!
Is this the going rate?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fluellen
Back