Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anybody got zunnsport grilles on 991

wilpert

Indianapolis
I've got them on my Boxster gts and they look pretty good against the black surround.

I'm considering fitting them to my TT S which is rhodium silver.
I'm unsure whether I'd go with black or polished steel and which option might suit the car colour.
I realise that the rads are pretty vulnerable on these cars but just not sure if it's a good idea or not.

Any opinions please?

I've had them on both my 997.2 amd 991.1.GTS. It's a no brainer for me. £150 for the grilles vs £1500 for a new rad.

I've posted a discount code on another thread on here that you can use if you find it!

When you go for the warranty, you possibly will have to take it down as could be an issue with 111 point check ( depending on OPC)

wilpert said:
I've got them on my Boxster gts and they look pretty good against the black surround.

I'm considering fitting them to my TT S which is rhodium silver.
I'm unsure whether I'd go with black or polished steel and which option might suit the car colour.
I realise that the rads are pretty vulnerable on these cars but just not sure if it's a good idea or not.

Any opinions please?

No doubt they're a good idea and save the rads/condenser but the colour thing is very personal.

In my mind, if the car has matt black trim - then I'd go with black grilles and if chrome, I'd go polished, though that does make them quite 'obvious'.

The OPC issue seems variable to say the least but if your car has an existing warranty and you extend it, there is now no need for a 111 point check, so the grilles tend to be ignored whereas, if you want to take out a new extended warranty (after the grilles are fitted), then a 111 point check would be required and the grilles would likely get flagged up.

I've kept the extended warranty on mine for the last 3 years, renewed after 2yrs (with the grilles fitted) and had a couple of warranty claims but nothing at all mentioned about the grilles by the OPC.

thanks all, yes agreed re the colour thing, I have them on my guards red Boxster and they are in black, so they blend in pretty well.

Im thinking I will go with he black ones on this car.
The polished steel is a long way off of the silver body colour anyway as its rhodium, which is very light.

Noted re the warranty, I'm guessing if these cars were supposed to have grilles fitted then Porsche would have fitted them but they do seem to serve a good purpose. Those centre rads look really vulnerable and I looked today and noticed that there a few bits of debris lodged in the front of the radiators already.

I had what I believe may be Zunnsport grills fitted to my 991 when I bought it which now sit on the window ledge of my garage.

I jumped through hoops to have my 991 accepted on to the extended warranty system. I took them off prior to presenting my Porsche for the 111point checks, and have not put them back on.

I get the point re possible rad damage but as I run my car on chosen Winter weather I find it simpler to direct water to areas on and around the rads lest there be any salt hiding in the crevices.. Thus those and corroding fixing clips when all added together are the reasons for leaving the grills on the window ledge for now, If/when a rad is damaged by a stone or whatever may cause a re-think... I am a bit more into practicality than looks alone.

I fitted them to my grey 991 after I suffered a holed condenser rad. Bought black, they are a bit fiddly to fit TBH and sometimes need a slight bend to fit snuggly. Happy otherwise.

Actually they look pretty tidy against the silver.
My tts is rhodium silver but I'm sure it would have the same effect.

Now I'm rethinking that I might get some.
I just feel I'm questioning myself as to why Porsche don't provide something similar for their cars. I really doubt they would restrict air flow enough to create a problem.

wilpert said:
Actually they look pretty tidy against the silver.
My tts is rhodium silver but I'm sure it would have the same effect.

Now I'm rethinking that I might get some.
I just feel I'm questioning myself as to why Porsche don't provide something similar for their cars. I really doubt they would restrict air flow enough to create a problem.

My car has consistently run cooler by 2 to 5 degrees since fitting the grilles. I read on another forum that this should happen and didn't really buy that theory but, hey ho, it was correct for my sample of one anyway. Apparently the airflow is more turbulent with the grilles fitted and that is more effective. Way beyond by simple mind all that but I wouldn't run the car without them under any circumstances now.

Porsche do it on some of the GT models. On the other models you have to make up your own mind.

I bought Zunsport for the 997.2 but couldn't bring myself to fit them as they didn't look great.

I recently fitted the outers to my 991.2 and would highly recommend them. Relatively easy to fit, offering decent protection against stones / debris to the exposed rads.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steviepee
Back