Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

AliExpress PCCM Style Head Unit

I just finished installing a Sadocom unit. Was pretty easy to do so. I have one thing do, behind the steering wheel on the display it says radio off, is that always the case now?
I just finished installing a Sadocom unit. Was pretty easy to do so. I have one thing do, behind the steering wheel on the display it says radio off, is that always the case now?
my install went pretty well to after some initial confusion over the connections. My display says “usb tooo” not sure what thats about😂

To answer myself, Sadocom got back to me that it’s normal an€ that the canbus module is not capable to control the display. At least I know that I havent’t done something wrong.

As I'm only at home for about 4 weeks a year...and was unable to find an installer locally....my Sadocom unit will be up for sale shortly. Top spec with MOST....which I didn't know if I needed, but it made sense given my logistics/time at home and having everything to hand.
Slightly miffed but I have neither the time nor the wherewithal to install it myself.
Will be looking at continental single din instead.

I’ve got a Continental single din unit that I might sell, it’s got dab, Bluetooth phone etc plus the important Porsche sticker over the Continental badge very OEM, it’s only a few months old, I bought PCCM Apple CarPlay single din unit.

Just been told by sadocom that i need to supply the unit with a 12v acc supply. Thinking i will buy a fuse with cable coming off it and run to to the back of the unit. Is there any other way of doing this?

Just been told by sadocom that i need to supply the unit with a 12v acc supply. Thinking i will buy a fuse with cable coming off it and run to to the back of the unit. Is there any other way of doing this?
Would be much easier to T off of the 12V acc already going to the head unit?

Not sure why you would need a separate 12V acc to the head unit anyway - it already has one in the harness?

Yes it would. Just not sure which cable this is. Can you help? It looks like the red wire going in to the canbus unit in the attached picture is not switched. So which cable should i attach the cambus unit to?

Attachments

• d0b4640b-75a6-4b5c-b998-069497682f30.jpeg
    d0b4640b-75a6-4b5c-b998-069497682f30.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Fitted the unit, actually slightly easier than expected. Ran switched power from fuse box in footwell. Mic on top of dash behind wheel. GPS under dash above air vents. Connected to Most ( I have the fibre optics ) had to solder a couple of wires to connect power/ ground and switched. Sound quality on calls via CarPlay decent. Unit is loud, equaliser works well. Not 100% convinced that the Bose subwoofer is working. Sub settings in head unit don't seem to do anything, but equaliser does. Anyone know if there is a setting somewhere to sort the sub? Sorted to display lighting colours, in the android menus
Hi,can you tell me what you used to get the power from the fuse box? Many thanks.

Yes it would. Just not sure which cable this is. Can you help? It looks like the red wire going in to the canbus unit in the attached picture is not switched. So which cable should i attach the cambus unit to?
Just to complete this particular thread, I did as Sadocom suggested and ran a new wire from the fuse box to the red wire that was going into the canbus unit. Used fuse slot number c1 which is only live when the ignition is on. So hopefully this will stop the unit draining the battery. Running the cable was pretty easy around the footwell and into the back of the console. The new cable needs to be connected to the wiring harness going into the back of the unit, not the canbus box. Pretty pleased with the result.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conwy GTS
Back