Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

AliExpress PCCM Style Head Unit

The microphone is stuck on the steering wheel hub. It’s small and discreet.

The GPS antennae and the radio antennae pull through the bulkhead rubber bung just behind the battery. Sited either side of the wiper mechanism. Just pull the bung put a slit in with a Stanley knife to thread the wires through. No need to remove the battery on a RHD car.

Mine arrived Tuesday, went for Sadocom unit.

Everything looks great! And it seems the guys have already wired the Bose adapter into the harness which is handy so hopefully (famous last words) it’s plug and play!

Will update once in the car.

Attachments

• IMG_3300.jpeg
    IMG_3300.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3301.jpeg
    IMG_3301.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 20
Well, mine has arrived....
And not a single company is interested or willing to install it!
I don't have the confidence to do so..I deeply distrust electrics at the best of times.
Dies anyone have any suggestions or a reputable installer near Dundee....

If not, I reckon I'll be selling it. Not helped by the fact I work overseas so have very little free time to sort it.

You really can do it.

It really isn’t that difficult. There’s so much help on various forums and on here and on you tube if you get stuck.

Honestly, me even touching it would lead to a chain of events that would ultimately result in the evacuation of most of Scotland.
Mechanicals...happy enough....electrics.....not a chance.

Quick question

The harness I need to use has a long red power cable that goes directly into the back of the head unit itself,

Is there a nearby switched 12v source I can tap into?

My cigarette lighter is constant, which powers up fine just I know I’ll forget to turn it off and drain the battery

@RobPC actually don't worry about the photo, I got it working! I found I hadn't connected the two blue 'amp' cables together, so I guess there was no power going to the Bose amp 🙈 Now I'm in the same boat as you- my speakers are working, but the volume is very loud. I suspect we need to connect the head unit line-out to the Bose input, rather than the amp L+R speaker outputs. I'm still looking into how to achieve that.
This Rennlist post suggests there's a 'loudness' setting in the software which might be worth a try first.
This one post has just saved my afternoon of headaches hahaha

On my
Quick question

The harness I need to use has a long red power cable that goes directly into the back of the head unit itself,

Is there a nearby switched 12v source I can tap into?

My cigarette lighter is constant, which powers up fine just I know I’ll forget to turn it off and drain the battery
2005 987 Boxster with Bose the switched live was the very thin green wire shown on this picture. I tapped into it and tested it as switched off with a voltmeter.

It’s all shown on the video about 10 post back at about 18 mins to 21mins.

Attachments

• IMG_9272.jpeg
    IMG_9272.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9278.jpeg
    IMG_9278.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
IMG_0709.jpeg

Just spent the afternoon fitting one I ordered from Sadocom. Whist it fitted Ok - only complication being splicing the three wires from the MOST unit, and altering the double-DIN cage so it fitted - it seems to have no power to it.

I tried reversing it and reconnecting my CDR23 which fired up fine, however there’s no life from the new Sadocom unit. I’ve messaged him to see if he has any advice, but wondered if anyone else had the same issue or suggestions?

Think I may need to go see an installer and see if they can help….

There seems to be an issue with aftermarket headunits and the 996.2 centre console - they come with that lip that protrudes at the top which doesn't sit flush with the cup holder.

That cup holder face (with the cup printed on it) does slide off, so a 3D printed curved cover is possible, but it's weird to have to fit a curved part to match a curve on the headunit fascia that shouldn't be there!

There seems to be an issue with aftermarket headunits and the 996.2 centre console - they come with that lip that protrudes at the top which doesn't sit flush with the cup holder.

That cup holder face (with the cup printed on it) does slide off, so a 3D printed curved cover is possible, but it's weird to have to fit a curved part to match a curve on the headunit fascia that shouldn't be there!

You'll never get a good finished out of a 3d printed part, unless you spend an unreasonable time on it. Can you adjust the HU up by a couple millimeters?

Yeah I think it’s designed for the 996.1 or 997 but TBH it’s not too bad looking on a 996.2. And stills looks more factory than a Pioneer/Kenwood etc

You'll never get a good finished out of a 3d printed part, unless you spend an unreasonable time on it. Can you adjust the HU up by a couple millimeters?
Absolute nonsense.

I've been 3d printing for 5 years, you can get sub milimeter accuracy on printed parts right off the printer in a couple of hours.

I wish people wouldn't post absolute statements about subjects they know nothing about.

Elegoo-Saturn-2-prints.jpg

Absolute nonsense.

I've been 3d printing for 5 years, you can get sub milimeter accuracy on printed parts right off the printer in a couple of hours.

I wish people wouldn't post absolute statements about subjects they know nothing about.

Elegoo-Saturn-2-prints.jpg

And how expensive is that printer / how much time should one expect to spend on drawing the part ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZACal
Back