Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Alarm - Any recommendations for installers?

joslyn

Trainee
As I don't have the red master or a spare fob, one of the next jobs on the list is to replace the PA1000 alarm system.

I have had varying degrees of success with installers over the years and am looking for any recommendations for anybody South-East / Midlands based (I am Oxfordshire).

Ideally looking for somebody who will be sympathetic to the interior, not leave old systems / wiring in and who preferably knows there way around a 993.

Any suggestions?

If anybody has done this recently and also has some recommendations on which alarm to replace it with then that would also be appreciated. Plenty on the forums already but aware that this changes as new technology is released.

Thanks,

Tim

Thanks, I did speak to H&P about a replacement board, I just figured that as I was going that far then I may as well replace with something more modern but appears that many are just sticking with the PA1000...

Just to close this one off, after many phone calls and much deliberating, I got this sent to me:

2013-10-12+15.46.29.jpg

A project once the car comes back, long live the PA1000...

joslyn said:
Jcx said:
...and what did that cost?

£216 inc VAT and Delivery plus £20 for the tool.

Not cheap for 15 year old technology but at least it avoids messing about with new/old wiring.

Agreed. Convenience has a price :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
246dbo
Back