Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Air filter service

easternjets

Paul Ricard
Just got a 991.1 GT-S and was wanting to see what things were like under the rear bumper shroud. Got the shroud off in 15 mins and had a poke around, took off the airbox cover and pulled out the filters, they were filthy, so I phoned OPC and got a new pair.

Thought it was strange that they were so dirty as the car had just had a major service, so I checked the invoice, no filters were on the invoice.
Got out the manual and checked the service interval for air cleaners and it's showing as 60,000 miles. In fact the interior pollen filter gets changed at 20,000 miles but the air cleaner for the engine doesn't.

Can't believe this is right but it's in the schedule. A pair of new filters was only £78.50 so I put 2 new ones in and bolted it all back up. Not only were the elements dirty but there was quite a bit of debris and sand/dust in the airbox.

Pics attached, they don't look as black as they are in the pics.

Attachments

• 991_filtersjpg_reduced_945.jpg
    991_filtersjpg_reduced_945.jpg
    428.4 KB · Views: 1,781
  • filters_2jpg_reduced_193.jpg
    filters_2jpg_reduced_193.jpg
    552.8 KB · Views: 1,781
Spark plugs are with a major service at 4 years .. belt and air filters are at 6 years on a minor service .. my feeling .. it keeps costs down so there is no single Large bill !!

To be fair though .. they aint that dirty .. at 6 years then yup .. they are .

15 mins to remove the spoiler assembly, the rear lights and the rear bumper is pretty damn good going :)

Didn't remove the spoiler assy, just the rear lights (4 Bolts) and then the Torx bolts (20 of them) and it's off.
Looks like these were the original filters from the factory, 22k miles and 6 years old, god knows what they'd look like at 60k miles.
Not like Porsche to keep the costs down on servicing, especially when they're charging £18 + vat for a spark plug that's made by Bosch!
Certainly easier doing the rear than the front.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benlin1234
Back